first turbo 2011 5.0

I only know of a few people i can count on two hands how many turbo builds ive seen. I think the tuning issues come from not enough people going turbo and no one has much experience with them. A nice 750 rwhp challenger with an STS kit just came out of arrington. The 1400 awhp jeep in florida is totally custom. My friend big al has a custom build 426 TT that has been a lot of problems but has hit 9’s in 90* air temps. I havent seen anyone go eith the hellion kit at all yet.

prooly cuz it costs over 7g’s lol. but anyways. im happy with my hellion set up

turbo v8’s are the shit!

I really really want to turbo mine when i get my 426 this winter. I know my trans wont handle it though for shit, it’s gonna be pushing it with the 426 i should get about 560 rwhp out of it. Its so hard to spend 7 grand on something thats been nothing but problems. I’d gladly do a deal with them if they’d offer something at a discounted price and one of the best tuners for these cars who has turbo tunes down is a good friend of mine and will tune for CHEAP and lives within a few hours away. Would be nice to be able to do it but my pockets between 7,000$ for the kit and 5,000$ for the trans, just arent that deep at 22 years old.

adam.

you suck.

just wanted to let you know that.

i just dont understand why Hellions kit has so many problems with your platform…Ill ask John and see if he’s gotten any complaints. But anyways, how much did your motor cost if you dont mind me asking? longblock or shortblock? whats the comp ratio? i beam or h beam rods?

have never really read anything about the new mopars

Ive been peicing together parts for the new build. I bought a 6.1 empty block out of a junk yard for 150$ and had it sent to the builder to be prepped and made ready. Using full billet forged everything. The short block is gonna be for cost of whatever the products are, seeing as a friend is the owner of the company. I believe we are using h beam rods, scat crank and manley pistons,rings,rods. Im kinda just the guinee pig here with this build. We are sticking with the 5.7 heads and making them a stage 4 with titanium retainers and guides, big block chevy springs and i believe he said something about 2100 ports. Im kinda still new to stuff that in depth. The biggest cam that can be put in a stock bottom end 5.7 is a 219/223 or close and thats whats in mine now. The new one for the 426 will be a 246/251 on a 108 lsa instead of 112-115 like theyre all on now. Also i csnt shift about 6700 so that kinda kills things a little. No one makes any rocker arms or anything like that yet for us or release any pcm/tcm in depth tuning yet. One company has ex chrystler techs working for them and have a tcm to allow 7,000 rpm shifts but they want about 1200$ for that. Ill stay at 6700 rpm. Gonna use a ported and polished 6.1 manifold and a 100mm TB.

The new srt’s for 2011 are going to be a 6.4 392 with over 500 HP NA factory.

oh nice!

thasts wayyyyy too much for me to read.

maybe this is a little more you’re speed then…

SHUT UP

fine suger cup :frowning:

As soon as the motor goes through its break in time, its getting the bottle put on. Gonna go full nitrous outlet twin 15 pound bottle nano system. 200 shot for the street and 350 at the track. Not trying to break any records, just wanna be low 10’s and be able to still drive it on the street. Still need to find someone to do a cage for it.

sounds way too complicated.

Sounds like im gonna blow my motor.

not bein a dick butttt if your only spoolin 6700 rpm,s any cam that loose is gonna hurt ya in all areas . sounds like you got a severe overkill goin on and not much knowledge buildin it

Its only a tad bigger than the ones that are doing well in current 426’s. Again test dummy so well see what happens.

There are bolt on cars in the 11’s with street tires, but the 10 sec passes are obviously on slicks.

There are only a few(like 2-3) BONE stock C6Z’s to get into the 10’s on street tires, and they are in -DA(like 2000ft below sea level!). Its funny when you look at the list on LS1tech. There are 2-3 C6Z’s running high 10’s at around 127, then the rest are in the mid 11’s at 119-124.