fixing light curb rash?

got owned last night by a sewer drain :frowning:
now i have some really light rash on the edge of the lip on the rim. it polished, so i would think that would almost make it easier to fix. am i right in assuming i should be able to sand it down and then polish it again?

that should work but it will be alot of time to bring the lip to the same “shine” as the rest.

def can sand it down and re-polish… depends how deep it is though, may need to dremel it first

if it is super minor, sanding and polishing will work. If it is more major, you can actually get a filler to fill it back in, sand it down, and then blend paint that area to match the polish finish.

hmm, i never thought of paint matching to the polish, figured that’d be pretty hard to do. I usually would just blend the deep rash in with the dremel, usually makes it un-noticable unless you have a micrometer :slight_smile:

forces you to dremel and polish a lot of the wheel though to blend it…

i have polished all four of my wheels, 2 outta 4 had serious curb rash so i grinded/sanded/polished. Its not 100% perfect but you wouldnt know unless i told you.

i looked at it again yesterday, and noticed that the edge of all the lips has little grooves in them. so i would need to sand and polish all the wheels. :frowning:

guess that gives me something to do one of these weekends.