Detailers - Lightly Scratched Rim

I just got a spare stock rim for the LGT, the spkes curve outward slightly and as such, were contacting the cardboard in the box used to ship. There are light scuffs on the high portions of the rim that look cloudy.

Any suggestions on how to tackle these? I wasn’t sure if I could use a RC or something similar on the clear coat of the rim to help? Any other suggestions? They don’t seem to reach the paint and can’t be felt.

Thanks

yeah, like always your best bet is to start soft, and work your way up the ladder. If you have some fine cut compound, start with that, then if it doesn’t work, try medium followed by fine. By the description that should take care of it. Remember to use a clean dry towel and really work the polish in by hand untill it is fully broken down.

Cool, wasn’t sure if that would work on rims. Shall give it a whirl this weekend :slight_smile:

This DIY guide should help you.
http://www.bmwtips.com/tipsntricks/wheel-repair/wheel-scuff-repair.htm

I’ve seen that, ti’s nothing like that damage.

Paint on wheels is pretty durable. You should be able to polish it out as you would paint. And I know you know how to polish paint.

Do you have an old pad for the PC? If you have one you don’t care much about, it would be good for this job. I used one of my old pads to polish tailpipes once. :slight_smile:

I’ll try by hand, if it doesn’t work, I’ve got plenty of old PC pads.

If it’s deeper you may have to slightly wetsand. But that’s never any fun.