flight booking help (buffalo to kauai)

Im starting to look at my flight costs for my honeymoon next year. ive never booked a flight, or at least one this big. flight is for buffalo to kauai. leave date is 9/10/12 and return 9/17/12.

questions are

where to look for best deals that include car rental.
when i should actually purchase these tickets.

I booked my trip to Maui through Costco…got a sick deal on it.

Start with itasoftware.com.

Oh pleasantholidays.com is good too

Oh I loved Kauai - lmk if you have any questions.

As for the car, just book that separately. When I went I paid $12/day for a convertible. Book something in advance, when the trip gets closer, look at hotwire to see what cars are going for (I’m talking within a few weeks of departure). When they are cheap, take that price and go to priceline and bid below it. Should get accepted.

kayak.com for flights

Be sure to go to Bar Acuda and sit at the chefs counter overlooking the kitchen! Are you planning to stay on the north side or south side?

Kauai is amazing. Probably my fav island. If you guys are into hiking, do the whole Kalalau trail. it’s 11 miles each way, but gets you to a remote beach. The only way to get to this beach is by that trail, or by water. Plan to camp for 2 nights if you decide to do it, though.

As for flights, Kayak is usually what I check.

I really regret not being able to make it to Kauai…although maui was pretty amazing. I’d love to go back and do Hawai’i and Kauai