FMFL!!! Broke a spring on the STI...

I’m going to pick up some spring compressors tomorrow and try to get everything pulled apart so that when I get the springs it will be a quick swap. Maybe I’ll even clean and paint the strut brackets while they are out… lol.

Because race-car.

I did some more looking closely at the spring and found out that the culprit was just rust from this wonderful northeast weather. Right around where the break was there was some pitting. Looks like the rubber protective coating rubbed on something and once that was gone, the metal was exposed.

I contacted “the manufacturer” and they were overly helpful in helping me get a new set of springs at a great price. I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend their products. They have by far the greatest customer service I have seen in a long time. And they stand behind their product. A+++++ in my book!

Edit: I removed the name of company because they went above and beyond to help me and I don’t want to give them any future negative feedback from this. Their products was not flawed at all and they were just aged in a northeast environment and the rust finally won.

Piece of SHIT CAR.

Negative… just my SHIT LUCK. lol.

Ive seen it happen to a Taurus me and my friend were washing before putting out for sale. It broke at the car wash while the car was sitting still. It jumped a little and then dropped down. Weird shit.

all that happened is the spring broke , shocks dont cause broken springs lol . look at most ford cars every one of them brake coil spirngs man it happens . just be glad ya didnt blow a hoge hole in the sidewall of a tire and loose it , i have seen that happen a few times . good luck with it either way and if ya need a hand doin the struts and springs get at me and ill get em together for ya dude at work

oh and just cause noone else said it , this is just the begining of the shit breaking man . lol

don’t do what this guy said

Just talking from experience, I had a spring snap on my audi and the struts were shot as well, I ended up replacing everything. Makes perfect sence, if your struts are gone your putting a lot more stress on the springs

I could see the other way around… if the springs went out then there is nothing holding the car up in that side and it would blow out the strut. but I got lucky in that the spring broke and then basically reseated itself on the perch which saved the strut.

Either way good news for you

Springs break all the time, just ask any owner of a older Honda.

or B5 Audi

yep springs can break even when the car is parked, outta nowhere …crazy shit

Dumpy subarus…all they do is break.

It just proves that they want to be upgraded… lol

or lit on fire

Thats only if your name is travis.

Wow… “the manufacturer” is going even a step further. I emailed them to see if they could check on the cost of expediting the springs so I can get the car back on the road and it sounds like they are going to expedite them for free in addition to the huge deal they already gave me… F’ing awesome! hopefully I can get them sooner than later and get the beast back pouding pavement shortly.