For The Drummers Out There

This guy has some really good skills.

I’ve been playing for about 18 years and can appreciate the talent this guy has. I never got into playing any of the rush stuff myself. The bands i was in did maiden, deep purple, dio, zeppelin, rainbow. I currently jam with a couple guys just for fun and to keep from getting rusty. I’m using a hybrid roland electric kit. I’ll try to get some pics of it next time we jam.

I don’t play drums, just a little guitar, but I certainly can appreciate this. Neil Pert is unreal. Rush is one of the more “musically talented” groups, yet they have a lot of haters.

I fucking hate Rush.

^^lol see what I meant in my post?

Must be the fact the singer sounds like a woman.

:tup: to the talent, but the fact that its just been done so many times is why i get bored while watching rush covers.

Kids got skills. I wonder how good he is at making his own shit and improvising.

Rush is ok as far as mainstream chops go. If you want massively technical drumming that makes Peart look like an amateur, you need meshuggah, sikth, novembre, pain of salvation, porcupine tree, etc

Peart was definitely one of the first mainstream drummers to utilize that style of drumming but he’s nowhere near the best or even ranked in that style.