For those who like to speed...

I got this email, thought I should share it with everyone.

Subject: Warning to Pennsylvania residents about speeding!

For those of us who like to drive fast…

Pennsylvania State Police will launch a 30-day speeding ticket

frenzy throughout the state starting February 1, 2006. The State

estimates that 22 million dollars will be generated in speeding

tickets. 3 million will go to pay Trooper overtime costs and

benefits. There will be 150 State Troopers on duty during all

shifts patrolling the highways. Significant radar enforcement will

occur along the I-70, I-76, I-79, I-80, I-81, I-83, I-84, and I-90

corridors.

Motorists traveling 6 mph or more above the limit will receive a

ticket and every State Trooper is supposed to pull a car over and

write a ticket every 10 minutes.

Pennsylvania has activated 50 new unmarked cruisers of various

makes and models for this pilot program to raise extra funds and

meet mandated quotas. The Pennsylvania State Legislators dreamed

up this program to help offset the additional funding required to

hire 60 new Troopers. I was told KDKA TV and Radio stations

confirmed this. So be safe and don’t forget speeding tickets are

on you.

this is from 2005 and false:

Speeding Ticket Frenzy

Claim: State police are about to launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy in:

New Jersey
Tri-Cities area, Tennessee
Dallas (or all of Texas)
Orange County, California
Detroit (or all of Michigan)
Honolulu, Hawaii
Pennsylvania

Example: [Collected on the Internet, 2005]

New Jersey will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers overtime. There will be 50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways.

They are the following:
I-295 north and south
1-95 (Jersey Turnpike) north and south
1-80 east and west
I-287 north and south
I-78 east and west
I-195 east and west
1-280 east and west
Rt. 130 north and south
Garden State Parkway north and south

Now 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and they are bringing all their part timers on full time. If you work in New Jersey, New York, or CT, you must take one of there interstates, routes, or parkways. It’s up to you how fast you are doing when they do. I was told 101.5 FM confirmed all of this.

So be safe and don’t forget speeding tickets are on you.

You’ve been warned.

Origins: We first encountered this warning in mid-May 2005 when it came to us as an e-mail purporting to detail information gleaned from “a State trooper in south Jersey.” At that time the crackdown was said to be scheduled to begin on Monday, May 2, 2005.

Towards the end of June 2005, the e-mailed warning reappeared. (It had gone dormant for a few weeks — it had been at least that long since we’d seen it in the snopes.com inbox.) This second version was identical to the first except for one small yet important detail: the “as of Monday, May 2” was elided from the beginning of the advisory, rendering the updated version’s opening line as “New Jersey will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy” and providing readers with no inkling of when the enhanced traffic enforcement would supposedly take place. (As noted below, subsequent versions of the e-mail have altered the locations of the alleged crackdown to areas in Tennessee,

California, and Texas.)

No news outlets reported a 30-day round-up of speeders in New Jersey in May 2005. Even if there had really been such a month-long rousting of Garden State leadfoots, given that May 2 kick-off date, it would already have come and gone by the time motorists started receiving the message quoted above. (Of course, that doesn’t mean anyone should now assume the listed routes to be completely trooper-free.)

Hahahahaha

:spank: Dude who cares about Trooper overtime. They should find the idiots who freaking hit my car. I’m so fed up with police at this point. Maybe they should focus more on finding criminals or something.

In there minds we are all criminals, damn street racers :slight_smile:

Lol yea i know. I’m just sick of it though. Especially here in forest hills. Cops will give u a ticket for anything. Literally anything.

Edit. 6 over the speed limit. Wow I can see alot of people getting there license suspended. :hsugh:

their all over 119 today!

i hate state troopers…
although, i wouldnt mind being one

Even at 5:30 am this morning, I saw two on my 5 mile drive to work.

they just said something about it on the radio, sayin it was fake… :dunno:

tell the ones that where pulled over!

please refer to my previous post. this is from 2005…yes there are going to be ppl getting pulled over, but no more than on a normal day. theres ALWAYS state troopers on the highway, just not this ridiculous amt that theyre sayin

X2. Saw 4 people pulled over on 119 over the course of this morning.

would they be on 376 towards monroeville?

I just got this email, I thought I would share it with everyone.

-You’ve just won $1,000,000,0000,0,00,00000,00,0,0,00,0,0,0,!!!

Click here and your a winner!!!-

lmao ^^^^

I was up and down 79 from bridgeville to 65 and I didn’t see shit

who on here has a orange srt4? played with that the whole way up :stuck_out_tongue:

good thing this isn’t true

my friend got pulled over today on 43 goin to cal

i seenthem on the TP today

there all over. I dont take the parkway home. State cops pull me over all the time. The reason I got pulled over last week was my exhaust is too loud? I have to take 65 home everyday because of those homos.