Ford engines>GM engines

its a good thing GM doesn’t sound like a 5.0 mustang…

Sounds gay

:booty:

enjoy your single exhaust GM wife beater

:rofl:

You’re on crack…nothing sounds better than an pushrod small block Ford.

Fords fucking suck end of story

what do you drive?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

molester van with a “383 stroker all chromed out” ftl

im suprised daddy let you have a v8 :kekegay: isnt that why you had to get that piece of shit 4 banger vert?

impressive? none of the srt8’s or 10’s for that matter have been able to beat a z06…but lets not start the corvette talk. simply stating that each manufacturer has it’s own pro’s n con’s, it’s man made get used to it

show me one n/a mod motor that can compete with the LSx series when full bolts on and cams/heads are added? even the great LT5 Zr1 only made 405 crank hp. full modded 415 inch Lt5’s are putting down 500+ at the wheels or something like 615 crank as advertised by i believe lingenfelter back in the day. Not sure if he still does that stuff anymore. That motor didnt last long… they made the new king of the hill vette called the Z06 and the Ls6 which matched the ZR1 with much less weight and better fuel economy. now the Ls7 which is insane. Mod motors dont cut it.

Ford did it right with the 5.4 cobra r but dropped that motor for some unknown reason. they should have stuck with it. Mod motors with cams simply dont compete with pushrod motors. hell the old 5.0 is kicking ass. with more modern advancements in head design and ecm control, it could have been a great power motor with great fuel economy like the ls1.

Hell mopar figured that shit out with their Hemi…which is similar to the LS1. took them long enough…

I do give credit to ford for looking into direct injection…thats a step inthe right direction for sure. turbocharging is awesome as well. I feel turbos should be used more often for the advantage of more power while saving fuel with a smaller motor in a lighter package. I like how Gm is thinkin of turboing the cobalt and i think some of the GXP series cars

I think LSx’s are awesome motors. I like some of fords motors too. I also like gay Honda motors and lots of other crap too. about the direct injected turbo gas engine, vw has had the 2.0 turbo direct injected dohc engine out for what almost 2 yrs so its nothing new.

hahaha

2 points:
Nothing beats the sound of a 5.0…

and:
Terminator > *

the GXP line is pimp

why does it have to be n/a? Everyone and their mother knows that the 03/04 cobra motor is better better than any lsx motor. The motors are comparable in price to build and the cobra motor will make more hp, more torque, and have a flatter torque curve. And don’t throw out the lamest excuse you gm heads have, “but it’s supercharged”. Maybe GM should get it’s head out of it’s ass and realize that FI is the way to go, every other manufacturer found this out.

And about sound, even the little ass 4.6 sounds better than the gm motors. But nothing sounds as good as the small block ford.

You can get a used LS1 way cheaper than a 03-04 Cobra Motor…S/C the LS1 and then see which engine can dominate…mod for mod.

go ahead

You could always pick up any dohc lincoln motor and supercharge that.

How much power can the stock block take on an lsx?

I forget what mag, maybe muscle mustangs and fast fords, did a FI test on the 03 cobra motor. With a turbo, and everything except fuel pumps being stock it made over 800hp and torque.

what a fun discussion :smiley:

stock block can handle like 600-700hp

there you go

so to compete with the ford mod motor, you need a new block - so much for comparable pricing.

:rofl:

:zzz:

Ain’t me. Mustangs are common as civics, but I might score a Lincoln Mark VII Black with Blacken chrome Limited Edition if I had the cash and it did not rust out yet… My buddy has a really fast one, but he must have bought stock in Procharger as at least THREE of his cars have one in it (The white Cobra, black Lincoln mark VII, and the '66 Fastback Corvette).:burnout:

Terminator Cast Iron Block/Factory Forged Internals > *

There are Cobras out there running 25+ pounds of boost and making over 800 HP on stock block and internals.