Ford|GM Merger

get a f ucking room you faggots.

already did. this is the next day conversation.

Epic Fail: http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/11/19/autos.ceo.jets/index.html

x5000… silly Cutty…

http://mises.org/story/2124

http://captkarl.blogivists.com/2008/11/19/gm-forklift-driver-wages-10300000-per-year-soon-from-our-paychecks/

couldn’t you all have downgraded to first class or jet-pooled or something to get here? It would have at least sent a message that you do get it.

jet-pooled. :rofl:

I see how all these articles come up about people flying to here and there with private jets but really, wtf you want them to come in? Thats like telling the president Air Force one is gone and done with, and now all you will be taxied around in is a Winnebago (thats runs on bio diesel). These people will ALWAYS have tons of money, im not agreeing or disagreeing with this bailout but im just in argument towards this article.

Oh, I agree with you. Those people are important to the company. You need to make sure they are safe and can continue to work and be productive while travelling. It’s easy to justify cost when that guy makes millions of dollars per year. You don’t want to lose a day’s work.

I just pictured 3 ceo’s meeting on the tarmac with their brown bag lunches and one of them saying - alright, we’ll take my jet to DC and you guys pitch in for fuel. Made me laugh…

Be productive doing what? Driving their companies into bankruptcy?:confused:

im obviously bias but olds was always the innovative division of GM. Cutlass was the #1 selling car for a long time. i’m saying olds would save GM but its a hell of a lot better option than saab or saturn. i mean really if you are looking for a euro sedan where would u have saab on ur list… there are so many other options. i dont even know how a company like that stays in business. Maybe George Carlin should have said “these words have never been said before… Gee I need a new car, i think I’ll buy a new saab” i have never heard anyone say they want a saab, i’ve never heard anyone even mention saab.

The average hourly wage for Detroit is $73.20, but the average hourly wage at Toyota USA is $48. UAW has surely played a role, though the myopia of all 3 companies for the last 10+ years certainly hasn’t help.

Unions in concept are good. A lot of the people in unions are bad. I know union workers who bust their ass and end up hating their job because they know the guy next to them is taking a nap in his truck, because he knows he can.

Also, Saturn Sky = sex.

Further proving how classy your life must be.

Saab people are Saab people. They only buy Saabs. I was under the impression everyone knew at least one or two Saab people.

what does knowing someone that wants a saab have anything to do with class. well my sister owned a volvo am i yuppie by association?

but again who are these saab people? i dont ever see them on the road.

I want a Saab… an '02 Saab 9-3 Viggen. My mom has a '02 Saab 9-3 Vert/5 speed (its her second one, had a '99 first), been a good car so far. Don’t know much about the 03+ Saabs.

Yes, although an illegitimate one driving an archaic ghetto-sled.

Bwahaha

It’s a very intricate web and you can’t just say that all Unions are bad in general, because they aren’t.

Those rates, take into account, management and CEO type of positions. There needs to be a balance, all these companies are top heavy. Unions, serve a good purpose, they defend the worker. Yeah, there are some lazy people, that happens in any job. There needs to be a fine balance between profitability and labor laws and CEO salaries. People have gotten greedy, management doesn’t know how to manage. We need good employers, which starts from the top.

How is it that we in the USA work more then everywhere else in the world, but make less money on average per hour worked?

because the rich just want to keep getting richer, no matter how much wealth they suck out of the economy.

should be fair for everyone right??? maybe it should be like monopoly, everyone gets $200 :slight_smile:

Darkstar, not that I’m complaining, but you are definitely sounding like a liberal lately.