Ford is such a caring car company

Hmm if that were the case people would buy a car and never get rid of it. Then the car companies would have been in trouble long long ago.

Its a concept called planned obsolescence.

Gosh you Ford people are just so smaaaaaartie pants mants tnats nats yeararrh!!

two thousand and zero

Its not a matter of intelligence. Common sense transcends auto maker affiliations. Well…in most cases.

does this include the svt models? if so i guess i should be worried cuz i’m never wasting and $ on upgrades for that POS.

http://www.hondasociety.net/uploads/pics/axfre1.jpg

don’t take offence to this but if you want a set of newer springs, i’d be willing to part with them for cheap cheap. i honestly haven’t heard any problems with my 03 springs, or any part of the car other then the door handles being bitchy. i’m sorry for our troubles, if you need any help with anything lemme know.

its unfortunate that your parents feel that way about the focus, i couldn’t be happier with ford for mine. but don’t forget that it is a 2000 ford focus, the year that they were released so they are bound to have problems. but then again, like someone said, springs shouldn’t break.

svt models use different suspension components, in fact most people really don’t change much on their svts so that they can run in the stock autox classes.

Maybe they improved them?

It’s not that they hate it. They both think it’s a great car, other than when it has its problems. I really love driving it, it’s so much fun even without much power. I think it just needs to be polished a little.

It’s just at the end of the day, they like their cars to get them from one place to another, and that’s pretty much it. They have their priorities on building at the land they bought two years ago now. Ugh, and I really wanted my mom to get a mazda 3…so that I could have fun. har har har! :frowning:

Then she’d still be driving a Focus, just with a Mazda badge on it :wink:

True. They are pretty much the same car. Though the Mazda looks nicer.

Its more like a European Focus, the mazda3 is. The C1 platform is shared by one of the volvos, the mazda3 and the euro focus. the europeans have such a better version of the car that its unbelieveable. I was reading somewhere that they have about 150 different factory options, including 5 different sound systems, and 3 navigation systems. They are a little more upscale over there.
anyways the duratec motor in that mazda3 is a solid engine, i have it in my foci. night and day with the zetec for sure

Check out the Euro Ford website. I built a nice hatch on it. The Euro Focus is pretty nice.

But then we run into the problem, why did Ford feel that American car buyers wouldn’t want Europe’s new Focus, since the last Focus was so well recieved? American car companies confuse me.

yea my grandma bought a focus when they first came out, fucking brand new car that didn’t even receive its first oil change with less then 2500 miles fucking burnt to the ground because of a brake fire? wtf!?!?!?! yea I hate ford mostly!

A fine question. I have heard that the new European Focus isn’t as well recieved as the original was. Not sure if there is any truth to that but it may be what is impacting Ford USA’s decision to hold it back from the American market.

I also read somewhere that the new version would be here in '07.:shrug:

the europeans bought them like hot cakes. The reason they aren’t like that here is because of low demand for underpowered cars. Over there its a pefect cars. Basicly ford europe’s version has paid off some production costs or something and they can afford to upgrade their chassis. It was well received over there. Kindof like the Mondeo story. The mondeo is like the euro version of the contour/mercury mystique

Having a problem, like springs breaking prematurely would make me think the problem is one of two things…

Either the spring isn’t properly fit to the car, as far as weight and such,
OR
The steel used to build the springs is of very low quality, which would severely weaken the steel.

I’m not sure what would happen if a spring broke while driving, but I’m SURE it could potentially cause serious damage to the vehicle, and/or to the passengers.

I definitely think Ford should man up and add this problem to a recall list.