Another reason to hate my ford

Short list of prev problems.
Wheel bearing (Not covered by ford’s own recall because it was a limited time)
Fuel Pump
Door Latch (Had to go to the dealer 3 times to get it done right)
Key ceased up in ignition

Today I hop into my car leaving work… turn the switch for the fan… NOTHING… apparently it’s ANOTHER common problem with fords. usually it’s a resistor for the fan at low speed that is cooled by the heater (Really smart more there Ford)… I went to ford paid my $20 pulled out this humongus reistor… Still nothing… This problem should have effected my heater on lower speeds I shoudl still have high…

Now I gotta drop 60 bux on a fan switch, and figure out how to get my switch out so I can replace it.

I will NEVER buy another piece of shit ford so long as I am on this green earth or any other planet for that matter… if ford was the last car company on earth… I’d rather walk… This car has left me cold, stranded and generally pissed off more times than my mom’s 11 year old honda, or even my 33 year old VW.

/rant

Cliffs: Fan control switch broke on my focus when it’s 10 degrees out leaving me with Assicles

I’d never ever buy a ford either man.
I was raised right.

should have bought a honda

yea my mazda had a bunch of ford parts under the hood including the tranny which needed to be rebuilt. Total money pit and waste of it.There just not worth it sell it and buy a honda.

last fall my dad gave me a free ford taurus because he didnt want it anymore. it wasnt bad, you know, the headlight switch got so hot it melted the fucking wiring harness but it was ok, it started on fire and burned the fuck out of my hand, but ya i would def buy another ford. totally. fine pieces of machinery

Very very well put LOL

I was raised not to buy a ford. I was very leery of buying my focus… but trusted my mechanic who said he liked the focus’s he hated all the other ones… but he didn’t see too much going wrong w/ the focus… I should stuck with my orrig plan of having him pick up a honda at the auctions… Lesson learned,
Makes me wonder why the US automakers are having troubles (LOL)

I had the key ignition problem on my '03 focus. It happens to every focus sooner or later and it was never recalled. POS

My mom never owned a ford until her and my dad got divorced. After her car got repossessed (yeah bitch!) she drove her boyfriends “loaded” 92 taurus. the thing was the biggest piece of shit I’ve ever seen. You couldn’t lock the doors because then they wouldn’t open, when you put it in reverse, it stalled, so you would have to start it in neutral or something ghetto, when you turned the wheel, it hit the bumper or something and made a really sexy noise, and there’s a whole list but I only drove the car a few times, so I don’t know that much about it.

Either way, my mom’s boyfriend loved the piece of shit so much he just kept fixing it. I think they still have it. Ew.

Oh, I had to borrow it for a week, and I beat the fuck out of the car, and my friends would drop kick it and shit. Brought it back with a big dent in the bottom of the pass. door cuz my friend opened the door while I was backing out of a driveway and hit a tree. All I did was :gotme: and said Ford designed it that way. Hahah.

fords so good they circled the problem

only ford i would ever buy would be something brand new with their great grand compete with chevy warranty, and i’d ditch the pile well before warranties expire just in case

too bad a lot of my family worked for ford so we get the a-plans which make the deals ever so appealing…

I remember riding in the back of a late 90’s Taurus once. It was a fully loaded version too. The climate control was broken, and it was set on roast. The heat could not be turned off, and it was summer. Only some of the windows worked. POS. That, and my Mom’s '95 Windstar that had an engine (3.8 headgasket FTW!) AND transmission replaced at about 50K. And the transmission had some other big issues 10K miles later, 3 days before the extended warranty she bought ended. If you buy a Ford used, get the best warranty possible. They lost a lot of money on that. It completely fell apart last year, and we sold it. Good riddance, she bought a Subaru.

Oh yeah, back to Foci. I worked at West Herr in '03-04, and when they plowed the lots that winter, they had to have a tow truck pick up 4 or 5 Brand new Focuses from the front row, to take them into the shop. They sat a bit long, and no one could get them running on site. A few ran, but barely. That makes Ford look really good, they’re not even sold and they’re on the flatbed.:mamoru:

it seems like they picked it up a bit with the fusion but god does that company suck

Any Ford made after 95+ = STAY THE FUCK AWAY.

Period. :slight_smile:

Pops used to have a an old tore-ass and it was a beast, as much as I hate to say it.

Had like 250-275k on it and I’m pretty sure it still ran!

assicles lmao

Very, very well put. :smiley:

I’d rock a newer Mustang or truck, but any other Ford I’d just throw rocks at.

Fixed for truth

haha a limited time recall?

gotta love a warranty