gm is a joke....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071221/bs_nm/gm_recall_dc

lol…

quality made in the USA!

hahahha

weird all the pinon seals on F-bodys leak also lol

lol wow, and my mom just bought a 07 vue… shes so lucky…

lol, doh.

well, its not like other manufacturers don’t have recalls too. :gotme:

all of the new tundra motors that break camshafts in half…
the 500,000 camry’s that were recalled over the summer because of the sludge that caused the engines to fail…
the entire Hyundai lineup 5 years ago…
Firestone tires on Fords 3 years ago…

GM has higher quality ratings than most manufacturers so open your eyes before you start saying GM is a joke.

What a dumbshit comment. Shit happens, many companies have recalls. I’d consider it good business practice to make the recall, fix what was wrong, and move on.

vw=teh quality?

:bloated:

HONDA OWNS THIS THREAD

:stuck_out_tongue:

come on now. yes every manufacturer has their quality hiccups. but comparing GM to Toyota in terms of quality is like comparing McDonalds to Zebb’s for burgers. GM may be average compared to the others but Toyota is consistantly one of the top dogs when it comes to quality.

:bloated:

:lol: You drive a VW and your calling out other maunfactures for quality!!! don’t forget to post after your timing belt goes or when you are done replacing wheel bearings… BTW you have a tail light out.

My thoughts exactly

Okay, learn before you preach…

http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/16/autos/cr_reliability/index.htm

Tail lights Check
Timing belt Check
Wheel bearings Check

(and we all know that these maintence issues are ONLY on vw’s) fuckin retard :banghead:

all are good…

:rofl::nono:
I dont get it, a bunch of kids go get some gti’s and blow them up because there stupid kids and go online and talk shit, then NYSPEEDERS! all think there junk because they dont understand… 98% of my costomers are very very happy with the product… Just doesnt make sence…

I guess I am just a big :noob:

But somehow my expearence tells me otherwise :mamoru:

beat me to it. GM is not perfect, its just real annoying that everyone bashes them all the time. wake up and start reading articles that were written more recent than the 90’s. GM is the biggest manufacturer and seller of automobiles in the world, has the coolest product and has some of the best prices vs what you get.

Toyota has been slipping, but they’ve recognized the problem before it got to the point of closing plants all over the world like GM.

They are doing a lot right now in terms of Quality Control to bring things back up to their original standard.

Part of me wants to bring up how they’re quality has gone down with more of their cars being built here in North America. But I got nothing on that.

EDIT - But on a side not, GM isn’t the company that they used to be. The cars that they’ve produced in recent years took a huge jump in quality from the shit they were turning out in the mid to late 90’s.

i agree 100%, just think that the product they offer (for the most part) in the US is a joke…

THey might be good for now, give it a few months that’ll change. I don’t need to go online and find some doutche bag that blows up his VW to talk shit about them. I owned one for 15 months before I got sick of replacing tail lights and wheel bearings and dicided to get rid of the problem. But mine was a VR6 so wasn’t quite as worried about the timing chain. I have seen enough 2.0l Ts… well what was left of them, to know what happens when the timing belt goes.

i am not one to normally stick up for GM, but there was only 1 incident before the recall.

:tup: for being proactive

Yeah, they didn’t wait for a bunch of people to die like they usually did.

im not one to support domestics either but from my personal experiences, gm is the only side of the domestics that id even considering buying a vehicle from.Ford and Chrysler, ive had nothing but horrible experiences with, along with most people i know.For instance, my girlfriends mom and my uncle own 2007 fusion se’s.The trannys in those cars shift so sloppy and feel extremely weak.And ford claims they are the most reliable, best car for the money they offer.I can definitely see a tranny rebuild around 40-60 k in these cars.