gm is a joke....

i guess i just don’t understand what you mean. are the quality ratings a joke or the way GM handles recalls/repairs?

rj-92, where have you seen a 2.0T with a broken timing belt??

Ohh and btw, its not the timing belt that goes, but rather the water pump that shits out and throws the belt off, and if you dident know that, (which you did not) you have never had one apart sooooooooooooooo

:stfu:

no just the fact that all there cars are the same… just different badges…

its sad that they refuse to make a good entry level car…

i donno, i am just opinionated

ZING!

But yea… Everyone has recalls. Not generally ones that suposedly can cause 2 tires to just lock, but shit happens…

very true. Its unfortunate this had to happen in some of their flagship Cadillac products… which seem to be doing pretty well

And that is better how?

Regardless, at least they got to it before it became a huge problem.

I find these arguements really really fun, because it was probably a supplier’s fault about the seal or tolerances.

When I worked for Valeo Automotive on co-op we had products being made for GM, ford, toyota, mitsubishi, and hyundai all in the same building. So my guess is it was a suppliers fault rather than GM because all corporations usually have 2 suppliers for every part just in case something happens(such as valeo and denso for wiper systems for GM)

fit and finish on US cars is not where close to what is coming from the euro, japanese, and even taiwanese companies.

you will never climb into a euro, or japanese sea of ill fitting plastic.

so your argument doesn’t really hold any water. even if the US could make a car that was as reliable as an import, and for the same price, it still can’t match the interior quality.

no union, know quality

So GM recalls 275,936 cars and you call them a joke and question quality?
If you are referring to the history of quality maybe you can make that claim, but based on a small recall I don’t think that’s a big enough reason to call them a joke.
I am sure we could pull up plenty of recent recalls but the 686,500 Altimas and Sentras from last month comes to mind quickly. All major manufacturers have issues, how they address them is another thing.

Here is a toyota recall for a million cars in 2006 that “could cause drivers to lose control of the steering wheel.”
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/recalls04/2006/toyota_worldwide.html

Here is another from 2007:
Toyota Motor Corp. said Thursday it was recalling 533,000 Tundra pickup trucks and Sequoia sport utility vehicles because of potential steering problems.

ZING!

But yea… Everyone has recalls. Not generally ones that suposedly can cause 2 tires to just lock, but shit happens…[/QUOTE]

No - Honda just has fuel-line-related fires in Acuras…

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2007/12/recall-alert--1.html
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071218/FREE/854821599/1023/latestnews

Meh… Power steering lines cracked, and they recalled it… I dont see a biggie there.

Like i said… Shit happens…

exactly! VW and Audi dont recall, they just let the heaps fall apart

GMs currebt quality is better then VW

http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/16/autos/cr_reliability/index.htm

Haha, Toyota’s cheap brand, Scion, out did Toyota itself. Thats cool.

Last 2 new gm cars i owned where a 2001 alero and a 2002 jimmy. Both huge pices of crap! The alero had the manifold gasket replaced 5 times in 30,000 miles. and around 70 other big problems. The jimmy was a total pice of crap i ended up getting another 1 from the dealer because it had so many problems. And the new 1 was crap 2.

My VW never has problems? :shrug:

Sometimes it takes a long while for my snowblower to start…

Well Ford was wrong then,IMO the Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis would be the most reliable and best cars for the money Ford can offer… Most sheeple want to go with these eco shit boxes that really don’t last or hold up well.Most sheeple don’t realize that so they go with the trend.

lies

My mom’s jeep liberity has 30k on it and started to clunk into gears at 20. After you put it in part time 4wd, it wont come out for days. Its constantly making horrible transmision noises, and needed new front ball joints 3+ times under recalls. I cant see the trans lasting past 40k at the rate this thing is going.