Ford Sucks? Or Ecomomy Sucks? Or Both?

http://money.cnn.com/2008/07/24/news/companies/ford/index.htm?postversion=2008072407

Seems like a smart move but sounds desperate. Not sure why others don’t bring in their European cars. My guess is that they did marketing and no one wanted them here. But, things are different with the Economy.

But, I am glad we are spending billions and billions in Iraq.

Here’s your answer:

Ford’s stock has fallen 10% so far this year. But it still managed to outperform the S&P, which has dropped 12%.

Bringing over cars to be certified for use in the US for the first time is expensive, especially when its going to split up your own market share, not just add to it.

It’s nice to see the US auto makers reacting quickly to the gas crisis instead of trying to ride it out producing trucks.

BTW, Ford’s giant 2007 press fiasco was an annual loss of $12.7B or something and now they lost $8B in one quarter. Ouch. Everyone go buy a Mustang.

Good Lord. Economy sucks that bad eh :frowning:

Awesome 60’ too! :nod

This would explain why my dad got a brand new Fusion for 12k.

That Flex POS is hideous. It looks like a squashed and strected Scion XB.

They need to update or kill the Ranger. Nobody seems to be buying little trucks anymore anyway but the truck has been basically the same since '93 and parts of it date back to the '80’s.

in all reality if it wasnt for the v6 mustang sales and f-150 truck sales those numbers would be alot larger lol…its funny but those two models have been keeping ford afloat for a very long time