Frame Rail Issue

Well im looking for rails for my 89 hatch. I heard talk that you could find them 70 bucks a pop from the dealership… so i call up a local dealership… he tells me each rail comes in 2 pieces… i got quoted $535 for driver side rail and $480 for passenger side rail… first off… do these prices seem right? apparently its for the whole assembly… both pieces… the hardware needed and some “cover plate” basically my driver side front and rear are bad… and my passenger front… so im wondering if i can just buy individual pieces as that is all i might need… does anyone have any kind of frame schematic of some sort… which indicates the seperate pieces? and can somone please correct these ridiculous prices…

Part numbers just incase
75110-40f30 Passenger side assembly
75111-53f31 Driver side assembly

Thanks.

theres some driver side rails for sale in the classifieds for sale cheap, hurry search!

i also called a dealer and was quoted an out ragous price. then i called the one off glen erin and they said $75.00 so i go there to buy them and had to order it but heres the fu__ed thing nissan doesnt make the passenger side any more? y…?

Just letting you know…and i know it’s far from the best solution but i ended up picking up ~1/8" thick L-sectioned steel bed rails from the Ikea as-is section for $20. Came with 2 pieces about 7’ long roughly. The plan was to weld the rails on each side of my frame rail to sort of form a U-section to cup the rotted out section (DS and PS). But after hoisting the car up the inner PS rail wasn’t so bad and the exhaust caused clearance issues at the time for the inner DS side so I ended up just welding the outer rail sides with the L-sectioned bed rail. I then coated the welds with nail polish (I heard acetone’s pretty good at preventing porosity?) and I plan on sealing everything in eventually with Herculiner bed liner (hoping that I don’t have to deal with this till I’m done school). My DS rail was pretty much rotted and severed horizontally at the front end of the rail where it starts to curve up in the wheel well. So there was a lot of flex even when the car was hoisted on that side. After welding everything up I have noticed a significant increase in stiffness when cornering so I’m hoping this ghetto attempt will be okay.

Seems like you’re looking for something done properly so if that’s the case don’t listen to what I just said but if you like to do things on your own you might want to check out that Ikea section because I’m not sure if you can get that thick of a metal (and that much) for so little.