Frame rails

I’m just wondering how much it would cost to fix frame rails, my left rail has a hole where it bends at the front next to the tranny and the right one looks ok, but when you put the lift pad on it it cracks and bends.

I went to a bodyshop and they quoted me 1000$ to fix both, but that includes taking the carpet out and putting it back in. (They said they needed to do this because they would be welding on the florr, which makes sense.)

I was ganna gut the interior myself to save a bit of money, but just the actual welding of the rails, is 1000$ way excessive or is that an average price? Thx.

btw, my floor is perfect, no rust, no holes, nothing.

Haha, are you SURE about your floor? Everyone thinks they have a mint floor until they gut their car. I found 3 holes in mine, and only one was in a place that I suspected.

solarian’s right

on an old 240 i thought i had a good floor on my passenger side but once i had the car gutted it turned out there was alot of work to be done there too.

i’de pull the carpet to get a good idea of where your at. it wont take too long and it will give you a better understanding of whats your cost’s are going to be.

but then again, on another 240, i thought i had one side that was pooched and it turned out to be about 1000 times better then i thought.

so you might surpirse yourself. all in all, pull the carpet.

True about the floor, but they didn’t say anything about my floor when they gave me the estimate, and I still don’t know if 1000$ is a fair price to redo both frame rails, seems a little pricey.

yea man my car was mint. but still has 3 holes. my buddy tyler (syd mysta) had them in the same exact spot.

i have a new driver side rail 4 sale, 50 bucks from nissan, next to new.

$500 a side is not bad at all… (not to mention it includes them pulling up the carpet etc etc).

Most “professional” shops will charge $85 an hour and you would be looking around 4hrs to fix one side if it were that bad (but depending how bad it is and the quality of work they do it would easily be worth $500 a side).

If for any reason they would just be patching say a spot or two and not actually installing a new rail or a whole new section, then $500 is way to much.

logic23, I have considered doing frame rail replacements for S13’s and would charge $900 for both sides. That would be from before motor mount to start of passenger seat.

$1000 is good for a reputable shop w/work guarantee. Make sure they replace your rails and don’t patch.

Nothing too big though, gonna fix them in the spring!

Alright thx for the input guys, I’m ganna go in spring to, I’ll see if I can find a place.

Bad idea if your driving your car thru winter… Those holes will be even bigger, and so will your bill

Nah man, I love my car therefore it’s in storage for the winter.