free spreadsheet program? and how do i use it to track project costs ?

im making a parts list / price list for a project, and i would like to do it in spreadsheet format to make it easy to keep track of cost

i would like to be able to set it up like this

column a: part name
column b: mfg & part number
column c: place of purchase
column d: Price
column e: tax (multiply D x 1 for no tax, or by 1.85 for taxed items maybe?)
column f: shipping
column g: notes about this item

and then have it subtotal D, E, and F, a spit out a grand total for me

problems: i have no clue how to work a spreadsheet, and im not purchasing a program just for this one project when im not even sure if ill use the program again

can anyone help me out ?

microsoft excel

if ya dont have / want excel… openoffice.org

I could probably work on making a spreadsheet for ya that does these functions… just gimme a day. I’d have to install open office if you need to use it…
Try excel first… if you dont have excel… then download and install open office and I’ll make the sheet for ya… Just lemme know what program to use.

open office it is

currently @ 12%

thanks alot :tup:

:tup: open office

Might wanna use 1.085

lol.

and isn’t tax 8.75% now?

no … 85% = the “tax” on turbo projects

plan to spend 5K on parts, wind up spending 9250 on parts

or maybe your right :slight_smile:

u could do this in pretty much any program. notepad even. learn how to add and multiply, or just use windows calculator… or just write it down on paper. again education FTW…

i am always write.

yes education for the win, too bad it would be such a waste of resources and not cost effective to do this by hand, especially multiple times, I mean you should learn this in school, right. You always do things the most efficient way the first time.

god you really are :bloated:

the thread title made me go :bloated:

i’m surprised you didn’t suggest the way YOU write stuff down…

with finger paint on a cave wall

fucking neanderthals …

respelled everything for badazzss … because i know how much he loves it

oh yea, my email is Lowrollerchevy@aol.com when your ready

bump, any progress on this, or is it a PITA ?

would you want the tax to include the shipping?

seperate columns for each would be best, because not all items will be taxed, and not all items will get shipped

i’m throwing it together for you now.

problem is this. formulas go by the available info there now. ideally, i would have all your receipt for your parts and be able to throw it together. this means that you would have to do adjustments to the functions on the program if i were to do this as you’ll be adding more parts down the line.

if you want, shoot me an email with the info you have in the first post for a few parts you have so i can create a base for you to see how it works, then you can add to it as you go on.

EDIT: dankraft@gmail.com

you might not get this tonight. might be tomorrow if i finish fixing my car in time.

check yo mail foo

copy and paste… it keeps relative values… do it for like 12y731280612 rows (yes the y is important)

use $'s for absolute values ($C$41) $ for the corresponding row or column