Front brake calipers

On my '02 GTP, should the front brake caliper bolts have loctite on them? It took a 1/2" drive ratchet with a floor jack under it to get them loose, and they look like they have red loctite on them (from the factory).

Also, you GTP guys (or anyone else), my rear brakes wore out but the fronts are still good. The inner pad is completely gone (outer pad isn’t nearly as worn), so the rotor is pretty much shot. Anyone else have this happen? Not sure if it’s typical or some problem. Can’t remember which needed replcaced first on the wife’s - have to check my records.

on my 97 gtp ,i do believe they do.after cleaning the bolts i use antiseize and torque mine.i have had that happen due to dirty fluid making the caliper hang and/or worn out seals on the front so the back is no different.the fronts should def wear out first though…

Sounding like a DSM :slight_smile:

Did the same thing as always - antiseize & torque.

My pulsing is gone, pretty sure it was the rear rotors that were warped, so maybe that added to the increased wear. Still might take it to the dealer to have them check it out.

I ended up spending the extra $$ for the Bendix rotors. I just don’t think those cheap Chinese rotors have the same quality of steel. They always seem to warp faster.

oh sure blame the chinese

new bolts come with a set of pads from GM. If the don’t i just reuse the old bolts no locktight never had a problem. I prolly do this 3,4 times a week. also your rotors are prolly rusted in the rear, thats why the pads worn out, i see it alot for that body. Look at the rear rotors and see, if they are and the car is still under factory warrenty (3 years, 36,000) take it to a pontiac dealer, they should get it straighted up for you, the rotors atleast. HTH.
If you have to get new rotors out of your pocket don’t waste your money on GM rotors, they are junk and will be rusted in about a year or so. good luck