Front mount cool air intakes?

I would like to ask all those who know about those front mount air intakes about them. If it rains outside wouldn’t it suck water into your engine and let water in the block and make it run shitty? Is there a way to bypass this or is there like a bypass valve for water to run out?

AEM cold air intakes have bypass valves but i doubt they make one for ur car

or are u talking about FMIC’s??:dunno:

no no no. not FMIC i’m not ready for anything like that. I just found a front mounted air intake to suck in way cooler air. But i am scared of getting water in the block or something. Although when i do find that turbo engine for the bird i will purchase it. And stick a bigger turbo on it.

ghey, rice, and not effective…plus we’d laugh at you even more

are you talking about those ones that look like FMIC’s? You can buy an AEM bypass valve for like 45 new and put that in the piping somewhere. im sure you could find the AEM BV on ebay for less. Give me a link so i can understand what your talking about more.

yea i have no clue what ur talking about

he’s talking about the ricer front mount air intakes… what do you guys need pictures???

stupid as the the electronic blow off horn

Well i figured it’d work better thats all i figured it’d give more function to my cold air intake. Not because it looks cool i could care less my cool air intake is yellow. I don’t care bout what it looks like i want it to run better. Ight so it really doesn’t do much better thats all i wanted to know thanks. But i still may look into it who knows. And blue i’ll laugh soon enough by the end of summer i’ll be faster then you.

in that sunbird? there isn’t a thing you could do to it to be faster than me

:drama:

well aside from like a big motor and a ford 9"

Yea well i’m not singin it i’m bringin it at the end of summer don’t run your mouth until you see it. Not even saying my car is hard but i am doing alot to it this entire summer. Thats what i am concentrated on and with the 2 jobs i’m gonna have that i ALREADY have i will more then have enough. You can call BS all you want but you’ll all see by the end of summer. Not saying i am DEF. going to beat anyone here considering you have a DSM but i estimate i will have a 13 secondish ride. And that ain’t bad for a sunchicken.

:wink: :hsdance:

we are talkinga bout the sunbird right?

http://westpadsm.com/forum/files/kurtmotor.jpg

that mercedes > jo0!

how much HP does that mercedes give ya??? :rofl:

it didnt’ get me a trophy yesterday that’s for sure

Never said i was going to beat you man. Just sayin i estimate a 13 secondish ride its not as bad as you think. I beat a Mitsubishi Eclipse non-turbo with mine. He had to feel dumb and he even had a 5 speed.