FS: 1987 BMW 528e

I’m posting this for a friend, he’s moving from buffalo and will not need a car. If you are interested let me know, the car is located at canisius in the city. He would prefer to sell the car as a whole instead of parting it out.

not mine…call Ian @ 716 208 3808

1987 528e
Bunch o’miles.

Engine runs SUPER efficient.
Idles a little weak in the cold (installed new idle intake valve, but didn’t have time or expertise to adjust)
Transmission is strange but not broken (shift lever within the cabin doesn’t go to the right gears as on the in-dash diagram [i think it’s just like a big cog type thing that needs to be adjusted]).
ABS light comes on because the wires to the break sensors were cut. (I have one to put in as replacement, might need a second).
New lights and light surrounds.
New air filter.
A few new hose clamps installed.
A couple of spotty electrical issues with windows, but I think it’s just fuzes.

I’m not looking for much.
It’s a shame to get rid of it, but I’ll be moving at the end of summer.

this is the most vague description in a for sale thread…ever.

pics at least? shit.

Lollerific FS thread.

I bet he changed the odo to read “Bunch o’ Miles”.

oooooh new hose clamps!

This sort of FS thread passes on ditb, but not on nyspeed kait!

Oh…lol at “new hose clamps” mod.

auto i’m assuming?

btw the abs light wouldn’t come on because of the pad wear sensors, there’s a separate light for that.

:picard:

Please specify mileage, transmission type, and asking price before I just write this off as clutter and move it to the trash.

$150. Cash. Today.

hell if its a 2 door i will give him 200$

$250 if its manual transmission. today.

$275
I’M looking for a rwd field car

lol@“bunch o’miles”

$275 & lunch.

lol “he would prefer to sell it as a whole and not part it out”…i call dibs the new hose clamps!

“Transmission is strange but not broken (shift lever within the cabin doesn’t go to the right gears as on the in-dash diagram [i think it’s just like a big cog type thing that needs to be adjusted]).”

assume its auto

its auto and i apologize. i just copied and pasted what he sent me. i don’t know anything about this car. if you want it call him … Ian @ 716 208 3808

let me guess,

it was an AIM conversation you had with him,

and you “pasted” it into a forum site.

“Excellent”- as what mr burns would say.

leave retail to “those who describe in Detail”

GLWS tho Mr. Ian

realy hope that wasnt a AIM convo you pasted in a forum site

GLWS tho mr. IAN

i agree ditb would be a much better site to sell the biimer