FS 1992 RHD JDM MAZDA RX-7 Twin Turbo

selling for a friend
FS Item(s) Description:
Sadly, I’m selling my RX-7. It is in great working order and currently sponsored by Underworld Customs. 97,000 km and oil changed every 3000k. Any other questions please feel free to e-mail me.

Apexi intake
Trust/greddy downpipe
3.5” custom exhaust with 4.5” tip
Tein super street adjustable coilovers
RE-Amemiya Air Seperator Tank
Hawk brake pads
Rototech drilled/slotted rotors
Prosport boost and oil pressure gauge in A-pillar mount
Rare JDM Longchamp XR-V rims
Aftermarket double din deck and speakers
New map sensor
New throttle position sensor
New o2 sensor
New radiator
New fuel pump with new sender
New battery
New wipers
Uninstalled gauge cluster included
Spec R Turbo Timer
Asking Price:
$13,999 obo

Mike_bird7@hotmail.com

probably won’t be able to sell it down here considering it can’t be driven on public roads

y not?r u not aloud to have rhd or is it that u cant register them?

RHD is legal. Getting the car to pass DOT regulations might be a bit more difficult.

you could always buy a shell 93 and swap vin’s but no reason to buy it down here for all those shenanigans

Cool car though…

There are only 2 countries you can register cars from in the U.S. Canada and Mexico. But, the cars must be intended for use in those countries; ie you can’t take a car from japan, take it to canada, then into the states.

In Canada, the same rule applies. However, If a car is 15 years or older, it doesn’t matter where it’s from. You can register it. Same rule applies in the states, but it’s a 25 year rule, not 15.

ohh ok thnx

Still illegal, although I’m sure you already knew that…

Super clean car though and a great price :tup: GLWS!

Asking because I don’t know: Does the chassis have a VIN on it? And a title?

If those two things are valid, will the NYDMV know / catch that the car is JDM (and not DOT approved) solely by the paperwork?

i just came…

nick i think it has to be 20+ years for them to not look at the DOT and such… there is something about the RHD and 20 years…adam would be able to answer

trust me, I’ve imported 2 cars. it’s 25 years.

and nikuk; yes, they would know. the car now has a canadian title. to register a canadian car in the states, you have to call the manufacturer from the country of origin, and get a letter of compliance and a letter that it’s free of recalls. Mazda Canada can’t write you one since that’s not where the car came from, and Mazda Japan won’t because it won’t do you any good.

that a nice car man

glws

how does Kustum Works get away with RHD R32?

they have been imported a whole lot more often… so there is already a precedence with R32/R35/R36516s for the DOT paperwork.

Or so I would imagine

nah, i believe they just paid the big bucks necessary.

to register an obdI car legally, you have to take it through a registered importer and pay about $7500 minimum, and they have the car for quite some time. Then you usually have to undo the shit they do (ghey DOT sidemarkers, etc). some cars its more expensive/difficult than others

he trailers it or drives it at night from what he told me

i thought kustom works had an r33???

It is an R33 and like Coldaccord said, I always assumed they shelled out the $$$ to make it legal.