fs 1993 probe

1993 probe base model 2.0 automatic,93000 miles needs battery ,nice winter car or a nice project 650 obo
the engine
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p195/ripdanny6262/100_0314.jpg
side pic
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p195/ripdanny6262/100_0311.jpg
interior
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p195/ripdanny6262/100_0307.jpg

Has the tranny been rebuilt in this yet?not sayin your is , but all ford probes, and mazda mx6’s are absoloutly notorious for having weak slipping trannys(automatic or 5 speed, gt or base) not a bad price @ all tho, these cars are good on gas. glws

he dosnt know he just got it in the summer

na the trannys fine in the car no slipping or anything

Whats wrong with it? how are the brakes?

PM sent

k i sent a p/m back

but all ford probes, and mazda mx6’s are absoloutly notorious for having weak slipping trannys(automatic or 5 speed, gt or base)

?

The probe 5-speed trannys are fine. plenty of people pushing 400hp on them. mazdaspeed protege still uses the same tranny. As far as the ATX - The 94 and later 2.0 models used the shitbox CD4E ATX. The shitbox CD4E used 2 planetary gearshafts connected by a drive chain. It generated alot of heat and caused alot of problems. I blew mine when i had 87k miles on the car with an aftermarker hayden 404 tranny cooler. (swapped over to a MTX to rid myself of that mess). The 93 2.0 probe that hes selling uses the 4EAT ATX. The 4EAT ATX uses a single gear set and has less then half the problems of the CD4E.

Yea ppl push 400+hp on them for about a month tops lol , then end up fully building them or rebuilding or replacing the stock one.I used to be a member of mx6.com and tons of ppl had promblems with even the klze and klde 5speed trannys as well , let alone the notorious 2.0 atx cd4e. In my 95 mx6, when the shop opened the tranny to rebuild it the fluid was burnt and parts were literally fried, so they deff must have had a heat problem.I have a couple friends that have probe gts and shit and u cant find some of the gears because the trannys are soo fucked lol.
:tup: for the sale and for the car for not having the CD4E tranny

I have a couple friends that have probe gts and shit and u cant find some of the gears because the trannys are soo fucked lol.

Ive never had a problem finding a mtx tranny. They usually run $150-$300 depending on the miles. And yes there are plenty of probe owners pushing over 300whp on their stock trannys for months/years whatnot. Matt Mas has been pushing over 500hp and running 11s on his stock tranny for years. Its the idiots who put in stage5 clutches in that dont know how to launch that fuck up their trannys after a month. Then theres the ATX trannys that pretty much dont have a chance above 200hp unless they have a l10 kit or something.

In the same token- I also know plenty of honda owners who have tranny problems making the same amount of power. of course their trannys cost a tad more. :wink:

^^^ u just hate all hondas dont u… probly cuz u cant keep up with them:D

Way to Hi-Jack this guys thread…take your gay Probe Tranny BS back to mx6.com

:word: lol, honda trannys grind but its something u can deal with, u can usually can still find the gears, unlike ford 5 sp trannys.

^^^ u just hate all hondas dont u… probly cuz u cant keep up with them

Bill - I really hope with $6k+ under the hood a honda could beat a probe :hang:

Also is that the same reason why some honda owners hate Fbods so much?

I dont see where u get this honda hate from?

• guy posts probe for sale
  • 95mx6 downs the sale saying the tranny is junk
  • I defend the sale stating facts about the tranny
  • 95mx6 claims the junk tranny can only hold 300whp for a month
  • I explain why they last only a month for some people and then show that probes arent the only trannys that have problems after the 300whp. sorry I used a honda as an example i guess??? I figured it was the best example considering most of this site consists of honda owners.

Now if you want to continue to be cocky and want to get into an
[size=2]intelligent [/size]debate about it, keep it off this guys thread and PM/IM/Call me. This thread already went way off topic as it is. Sorry 86maro

I never downed the sale in the first place. I simply just aked if the tranny was rebuilt or not becuase i had basially the same car know and researched all about the tranny problems that probes and mx6’s have. Then at the end of me asking about the tranny i said “not a bad price @ all tho, these cars are good on gas. glws” I dont consider that a down on a sale.But yea like Ddrop said sorry 86maro for the debate about the shitty trannys that some of these cars have, and once again Good price GLWS!

I never downed the sale in the first place. I simply just aked if the tranny was rebuilt or not becuase i had basially the same car know and researched all about the tranny problems that probes and mx6’s have. Then at the end of me asking about the tranny i said “not a bad price @ all tho, these cars are good on gas. glws” I dont consider that a down on a sale.

But yea sorry 86maro for the debate about the shitty trannys that some of these cars have, and once again Good price GLWS!

no problem man you were just trying to get a point off

like i said no problem you guys were just tryin to get a point off

well first ur sig making it sound like u spent ur money so much better by putting it in to ur probe. then out of nowhere saying that honda trannys break all the time. and i dont have a problem wiht fbods ive havent seen the back end of one in a few years:gotme:. dig or roll.

o yea and bump for a dd

ugh i guess ill pm you…