FS: 1996 Geo Prizm Lsi

Now that the Fiero is gone it’s time to get rid of the wife’s car. Details:

117k, dark blue.
Options:
AC, PS, power locks, power moonroof, auto, JVC cd, remote start, power mirrors.

Does not have:
Cruise, power windows. I’m listing these “does not have” options because I got a bunch of calls on my Fiero asking if it had AC and cruise even though I did not list either as options.

Needs:
Nothing

The car runs perfectly, it’s been her daily driver since we bought it with somewhere around 20k miles in 1998. I recently put new pads/rotors in the front and new shoes in the rear. You may remember my thread about it’s misfire where I replaced a few parts that didn’t need replacing (fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump screen, #1 injector, plugs). It turned out it was the plug wires, so those are new as well. It has a new fuel filler tube since the old one rusted out.

I’ll be putting some pictures up once I have a chance to give it a quick interior/exterior detail.

I’m thinking $2500. It’s still a very reliable car (it was made by Toyota, most of the parts are even stamped Toyota) and has had an easy life the way my wife drives. I autocrossed it once and only once, and I’ve rarely driven it otherwise, so you don’t have to worry about how many miles a terror like me has put on it.

I’ve always kept on top of the maintenence since my wife takes it on trips to see her family in Binghamton and Newburgh and wouldn’t think twice about letting her take it alone on one of those trips today.

These are very good cars, as far as daily driver & commuting is concerned. That’s a steal if it’s as clean as You state.

:tup:

Bump for the weekday crew.

Come on, I read the tech section, I know some of you could use a good reliable car to get you back and forth to work this winter. Right here you’ve got Toyota reliability (Geo Prizms were built by Toyota, same assembly line as the Corolla) but at Geo prices.

I’m talking to two dealers about GTO’s right now, so make me an offer.

The GF needs a car, only has a grand to spend though, let me know if you want to dump it quick.

Need a bit more than that to get the new car for the price I want.

+1 for good dd.

This deal is getting better. I was doing some detailing on the car last night and took a good look at the tires and I’m not comfortable letting the wife keep driving with the tires the way they are. It’s going in tonight for 4 new tires.

SOLD

My father in law picked it up, which is good because he’s giving me some time to find a replacement for it.