FS: 1996 Polaris Storm Snowmobile

I moving out of state within the next month and seeing that I bought a new sled last year, I can’t take this one.

It is a 1996 polaris storm 800.

This snowmobile body/suspension/controls are in excellent condition. You will not find a cleaner version. I bought it in canada, it had very high miles from regular use but was not abused.

The sled has the following:
-New 2" track (comes with original also in great shape)
-Plastic skis (also comes with original metal skis)
-Completely rebuilt suspension
-All new bearings, jackshaft, etc…
-many other add ons
-comes with extras including gears, clutches (roller), clutch springs, pipes, decals, carbs, reeds, track, boost bottle, fuel pumps, fuel distribution rail, different sets of heads, over 65 carb jets, a spare for just about everything.

The snowmobile had everything done to it except cylinder boring.
-V-force 3 reeds
-PSI pipes, originals go along
-hot seat clutch kit
-geared
-high comp heads
-bored carbs
-polaris racing torque arm
I estimated the power somewhere aroung 150-160hp, honestly I’m not sure, it never lost during the time I rode it.

The engine was completely rebuilt about 350 miles ago, I got worried about the high mileage (highest I’ve ever seen on a snowmobile) it had and felt that it could be a time bomb. Everything was replaced including the crank, pistons, other bearings, everything. This was done during january of 2003.
The engine in this snowmobile currently has the top end apart. A year ago at this time I did a compression test and found the mag side cylinder to be about 10lbs off. It really bothered me so I took it apart with excellent intentions to have it together the next night, but like other projects it has sat till this day. The cylinder was checked and appeared fine, I believe the issue had to do with the piston rings not seating. I’ve been meaning to get to it this fall but just didn’t have time. The whole rotating assembly was coated with oil regularly to prevent rusting and the snowmobile itself was stored inside. If someone is looking for a snowmobile and doesn’t mind doing a few hours work this is ideal. Not including the piston replacement this sled is a 9.8 out of 10. It is in great condition. I’d like to get $2000 for everything, I have about 2.5 times that in it right now. If no one is interested it’s getting ebayed.

If anyone is interested PM me, a lot of the other stuff in these pictures is for sale as well so just ask.

The pictures aren’t that great, If anyone is interested let me know and I will send you more in greater detail. It currently has a coating of dust on it but still can shine.

bump and wholly crap is that a hovercraft??

bump
~Twizted

i woudlnt mind one if i could find some places to go in williamsville :lol:

although i could just store it at my parents in lancaster… :shrug: