My New Toy

As some of you may have heard, I bought a snowmobile. It’s a 1997 Polaris Indy XLT Limited. It has a 600cc 3 cyl that should be more than powerful enough for me for a while. I have had 3 snowmobiles previous to this one, so I am pretty aware of what I am getting into. I actually swapped an engine from my first one into my second one. Also, my last sled was a '93 Arctic Cat ZR 440. That was a pretty strong machine, but was a little problematic, as Cats are known for.

Anyway, I had said in the past that I would never get into the sport again, but this was such a killer deal that I couldn’t resist. I still have all of my gear, so after paying for the machine, it really isn’t going to cost me very much to get back into. I bought it off my Mom’s boss, who purchased it new. She works 12-15 hours a day, so she never really had time to ride it. In the almost 10 years she had it, it accumulated 366 total miles. It is pretty much like a brand new machine. It is dusty and has a few scrapes from being stored around frequently used construction equipment, but it should clean up very nicely. My Sister’s BF is a certified powersports tech, and is very familiar with these machines. It is all working in my favor.

Anyone else out there ride?

low miles,

I have been wanting to pick up a sled, I just dont want to be fixing it everytime I ride, and I really dont feel like shelling out the cash for a new one

GAME ON! mine is all powder coated and back togather stay tunes for pics.

BTW, anyone out there know of a website that provide the specs for old mahines like this one? Apparently the XLTs all had ~89 HP, but the limiteds had bigger carbs. I’d really like to know a correct HP # for this thing.

You should rattle can that thing…

Such a femmy paint scheme.

wwwwwwo00000000000hhhhhhhhhhhhh SLED FESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

:tup: My dad and I just picked up some 2003 Ski-Doo 600’s on the Edge Chassis in that Bob Weaver sale. Brand new, over from California + deep discount = fun winter :tup:

sleddins affecting your engrish

It was a mid-90s Polaris thing. It actually looks nice in person.

Would you guys quit goofing around and finish up that Monroe transfer kit I ordered over a month ago? I want it thoroughly tested before I pick it up!

no this was me, its an on running joke we have. Matt is a sled fest champion now.

So the Sledders are like 10 years behind when it comes to color combinations? Lol.

Pipe that bitch … triples sound soooooo pissed … anyways …

440 sno-pro FTMFW

I have a 95 XLT SP. That motor is ~90hp. Set of pipes really wakes it up, or so I’ve heard.

my 74 snojet > any other sled ever.

was.

oh you must be talking of the piece of shit you found in the garbage then decided to put a coffee can muffler on which in turn literally made your ears bleed

I heave read that some pipes for this engine can give a ~20hp gain, but I am not sure if I am willing to deal with an obnoxiously loud snowmobile.

Old sled comparison site…its not too specific but has some of the breakdown.
http://www.odyssey.on.ca/~gsmulders/snow/compare/compare.htm#99

Good stuff. So I do have the smaller carbs. bummer.Either way, I can’t wait to ride it!

i have a cat

http://www.odyssey.on.ca/~gsmulders/snow/compare/97/csno18.jpg

I cleaned it up a little. Where is the damn snow?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/jetta8v/Picture024_31Dec06Custom.jpg