WTB : snowmobile.

Just starting to look around. I dont wanna spend much at all, dont need some crazy fast sled, but would like something decently quick, solid, and reliable for no more then say 1500. If you know anyone selling one or where i can get a sweet deal post up, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks! :tup:

My little brother is selling his sled. Not sure what he wants, but it might be a little more than $1500.

what kind of sled does your bro have?

There is some good deals in the paper, so id check there first;)

jeah i better do that first eh.

mike125k whats your bro got?

1998 Ski-Doo MXZ 583. It’s pretty quick, good amount of torque. Can hammer my 600 triple out of the hole.

Sorry should have put that in the first post. I was running late for work.

Mike can you find out some more specifics on it like how many miles and if theres any probs with it. Also how mch is he looking to get. Im looking at one tomorrow but am still looking around for the best deal, i really dont wanna spend alot. THanks!

I’ll give my brother a call and find out how much he’s looking for.

edit: he’d like to get $1600 for it.

Can you pm me his number? Thanks.

Its gotta have alot of miles on it, thats a cheap price

2,8xx miles. My brother just wants it gone. Since he’s away at school most of the time he’s put about 200 miles on it in the past 3 years.

id jump on this one mike

Looked at one today, looked pretty solid. Got a great one lined up in canada possibly, and havent even checked out mike125’s bro’s sled yet. Lots of good deals around i cant decide what sled i want.

even if you find one thats has alot of miles that not always bad. If the syspention/track/clutch systems are still working good just freshen up the motor. 2strokes are madd easy to rebuild. Good luck.

anyone know where i could pick one up possibly with a bad motor or something for around 5-600 bucks?? i really want one but i dont have to much cash. Anyone financing one? how much would it be a month for a conservative sled, nothing great, but just sumn to get a n00b on the trails.

Think i might end up with an immaculate 94 Mach 1 :snky:

not easy to find. like said a few posts up. 2 stroke motors have like 3 moving parts to them (exaggerating), theyre piss easy to rebuild and very cheap to rebuild. if people smoke a motor, they just rebuild it and get back to riding. i rebuilt my old 440cc in about 1.5hr start to finish to give you an idea, total cost $125.

Your better off with the mxz 580 28xxx is not alot of miles

94 mach is heaver, rides like a rock, just as fast, tipsy, did i mention it is heavy!!

btw there is a bunch of 96 XLT’s in the paper thats what id go for !1!

i have been snowmobiling for 11 yrs and had over 10 sleds between me and my bro i know what im talking about !!

:word: to the XLT part :wink: (could I just be biased because I ride an XLT :P)

mach 1’s are nice, but they are kind of a handful on the tight trails around here. Alot of power but alot of weight. Seriously a 600 is all you need around here, with a moderate degree of skill you’ll keep up with any of the 700-800s (except on long straight, which are far and few here).

yea but for a thousand bux i think the mach is a great deal. whatta ya think LS1 Boi?