FS: 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T (Mikes)

i had a thread for this before, but some things have since changed and there was a lot of BS in th other one, so lets keep that out of this one.

OK. all BS aside, i’ve basically come to the conclusion of this: i just plain and simple dont want this anymore. It will always have a special place in my heart, but its just not what i want right now and for me its time to move on.

1998 Dodge Dakota R/T. 59,XXX miles, 5.9L 360 V8. 372 Black club cab R/Ts were made in 1998, less than 100 of them had the black and red combo. truck was never driven in the winter, and the condition of the underside shows this. Interior is EXTREMELY clean and never smoked in. I am the third owner to my knowledge. I took the truck to the Lake Erie Tri-State Mopar Nationals in June, and I won 3rd Place for Modified Trucks 1995-2005 (i should have gotten 2nd cuz the 1st place truck was mis-classed but o well). I just had the engine rebuilt professionally, and after tallying up all the costs, i spent close to $4,000 on this thing in the past 3 months. Everything was done right, and I didnt skimp out on anything, and have the recipts for just about everything. NADA and KBB lists the retail for this truck between $9000 and $11000 based on average condition. im trying not to price gouge here, but considering the ammount of money that I have into it as well as the conditon its in, i feel as if my asking price is fair, and that would be $9500. I am open to any REASONABLE offers, however. Please also note that in my other thread i was asking $10,500 for the truck, and i realized that is WAY too much. if you want to argue with me about the price, please do it though PM and keep it out of the thread.

Things done in the last 2 months:
-freshly rebuilt engine: this includes the following:
-crank was turned
-all new bearings and gaskets
-lifters individually taken apart by hand and checked for spec
-all cam lobes individually checked for spec
-rods checked for spec and all replaced
-block magnafluxed and honed
-pistons reconditioned
-new piston rings
-new oil pump
-new timing chain and gear set
-cylender heads machined down .002"
-new valves and valve seats
-new valve springs
-BBK Headers (got them at a discount price because there were some flaws in the chrome)
-new dual exhaust from the cat back (has a nice rumble but not obnoxiously loud)
-transmission fluid just changed and a mild performance shift kit installed (by a transmission shop)
-new serpineitne belt
-new battery
-new crank sensor (known to go bad on 360s)
-new plugs, wires and coil (autolite plugs, MSD wires and coil)
-new u-joints
-just got it inspected and it passed with NO problems

The Good:
-soft cover for the bed
-K&N FIPK air intake
-Lakewood traction bars
-Stillen rollpan
-4 matching Goodyear Eagle tires with ~70% tread on the backs, ~80% on the fronts
-new brakes put on this spring

The Bad:
-theres a few rock chips in the front bumper, but they’re not really noticeable and u can get the whole bumper repainted for a coupple hundred bucks if it really bothers you
-i think theres a small dent in the drivers dore, about the size of a dime, but u cant really feel it with your fingers, and u cna only see what looks like a little dent in a certain light
-the E-Brake and ABS lights go on itermittantly, but thats due to the speed sensor, which is very common to go in these trucks. it just causes the speedometer to read 5 mph over what you’e really going, and its a cheap/easy thing to fix, i’ve just been too lazy to do it. if its really that big of a deal i’ll take care of it before the truck is sold.
-when the engine was removed, the AC was drained and needs to be recharged. it can be done with one of the kits from autoparts stores that are like $30.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i295/MikeRi24/DSC00518.jpg

this pictire of the engine was taken right before it came out. I will get a picture of it now as well as the interior tomorrow.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i295/MikeRi24/DSC00478.jpg

please feel free to send me a PM if u have any questions, and if you want to set up a time to look at it or whatever thats fine, im pretty flexible with my schedule. o and jsut because it hasnt been driven in the witer doesnt mean it sucks in the snow. i would recomend getting a set of snow tires (at least on the back) and some sandbags for the back, but i would immagine it would do fine in the snow. only reason i didnt drive it last winter is because i wanted to keep it clean, but it should do fine in the snow. Any other questions, feel free to PM me or if you want my AIM name is MikeRi24 u can IM me as well. i dont really want to give out my phone number in the thread, but if you want, PM me and id be happy to give it to you.

:tup:

glws

BUMP

i found a car, i need to sell this.

UPDATES FROM THE FIRST POST
-I fixed the speed sensor
-some of you may have heard that I was having problems with the transmission, and this turned out to be a problem with the overdrive unit, which is a common problem. I have a rebuilt (or re-manufactured whatever u wanna call it) one in the mail that will be going on hopefully by the weekend. i will also take care of the front u-joint which either needs greasing or replacing (pretty sure i have an extra so i will prob just replace it). It cost me ~$400 by the time i was done with shipping and everything.
-got new Magnaflow stainless steel rolled edge round exhaust tips and had the exhaust re-done from the y-pipe back (set me back about $270)
-my DIY smoked corner lights thing went bad, so i got a brand new set of OEM corner lights that i put it, and i replaced all the bulbs as well.
-the ball joints and tie rods were replaced at the dealer for a recall that the truck was never taken in for (i was unaware of this until i had a problem and then found out the recall was never done)

other than that, all the same details listed in the first post apply.

I am still asking $9500 for it (as originally stated) but as always money talks so make me an offer SOON that I can’t refuse. I am going to put this on eBay pretty soon, but if i do that, i am going to ask $10,500 for it, just because the whole eBay thing seems like a pain in the ass.

If only i had more money, having two R/T Dak’s would be pretty titties…
:tup: to a clean R/T, somebody pick this up, i love my truck… cant see why anyone would be dissapointed in driving this every day, im sure as hell not. glws mike. get the :tspry: like me and keep it :pimp:

glws. i put some wrench time on this truck and it is clean. deff a good buy for someone.

You could eat off the bottom of this truck. :tup:

thanks for all the compliments guys! yeah i have really dumped my heart and soul into this thing, and it will be sad to see it go but im ready to move on.

Oh-Oh :eek:

bump for today

oh boy again GL, but on this board will be tough, ebay would be your best bet i think

yeah i dont think ur gonna have such good luck here

one more bump…

i know someone trying to convince a friend into getting it, and after he looks at it, if he doesnt want it, eBay!

um, read bumping rules.

sold.

NO WAY!

What are you gonna get now? or are we gonna have 50 threads to ask what you should buy? :stuck_out_tongue:

lol

no, im not going to make a million threads about it lol. the next one is going to be the last for a long time.

umm

you only told 108294878578794762809762308x10^99999 people what it is…

newyorkfbody, you have a new member…

OHHH WAH AH AHH AHHH!

ive been a member there since last april :gotme: . so does this mean im getting de-throned as the co-founder and admin of WNYTrucks? lol

now we already talked about this

you get to stay as co-admin on the triumverate of mightyness