FS: 1998 Maxima

1998 Nissan Maxima GXE

This is my parents car, they want to sell it since they want to buy a brand new one.

The car has 124,000 kms, engine runs mint, never a problem, never abused. Power Everything. $4000 Forest Green paint job done 2 years ago

come with w/tan interior, heated seats, heated mirrors, all that fancy jazz.

The recently replaced were the brakes(pads and discs), since that’s the only thing which ended up wearing(front and rear).

Also, this one has the LCD Digital Climate control.

EDIT: BTW, I forgot to mention, The rear “MAXIMA” sign has been “shaved” or removed(looks so much better), and the car has a new Exaust system put into it. I also got Panasonic Speakers in the car.

Asking $10,500

EDIT:
Certification is negotiable, Emissions are done, passed with flying colours.

don’t they all have digital climate control? i always thought they did.

thats a reasonable price, my brother is still using my dads hand me down 1992 maxima, great car, running strong with over 280xxx KM, can’t ever go wrong with a maxima

good luck with the sale

thats a great price! Oh if only I was done school and working, great daily driver. I love driving maximas.

Good luck with sale.

Not all of them have digital climate control, I have seen some with the little blue/red bar for climate control. But this one has a little lcd screen displaying the temperature. I’m not sure, but it may be the ones that are under 1997 which don’t have it, but don’t quote me on that.

5 speed or autotragic?

Maximas only come auto.

The Maxima SE comes in 5spd standard or 6spd based on the year. This being a GXE thou, is only in auto. They’re good cars, my best friend’s family have owned ONLY maximas(and an I30, but that’s still a maxima) for the past 15-20 years.

sounds about right. I have driven a 96 SE 5 speed Max :smiley:
Fun car in a straight line, kinda boat for cornering, my 240 is better but then again suspension wasn’t stock :wink:

Anyway we are hijacking his thread!
Less chat more sell

Andrew.

:o

I’ve never seen one in my life, I thought only the new models came in standard.

Maxima’s been coming 6speed for a long time now. From when they had the 3.5L option. Before then they came in 5speed. They don’t come in 5speed for they newer models, only 6speed and auto.

unfortunatly, Auto, but I have seen some 5spd max’s, never a 6-speed. I was once considering buying it off my parents and converting it to a 5-spd. The guy quoted me $2000 for the conversion so i said forget it. But I bet you can get a tranny for $400 and do-it-yourself.

But then again, that’s the good thing about maxima’s, most are auto and most have good strong engines because of that.

my 92 has digital climate control, a green display (never seen red, sounds nice). its identical to my buddies 2002 5 speed max (3.0L) and very similiar to my other buddies 1991 Q45.

the 3.0 came in 5 speed (i’m almost certain the late 80’s model came in stick too) and the 3.5 in 6 speed. another friend has a '92 SE and its in stick, fully loaded.the SE is almost 15g’s MRSP more than the GXE if i remember correftly back in '92.

and a 5 speed is a doable project in a max (shoudl b cheap too). my mechanic put the 300ZX motor (same as the max motor in NA form) in a j30 and was gonna do a manual swap. i begged him to, seeing the j30 is RWD. i always wondered if the max could be converted to RWD using the j30 drivetrain…

p.s. - good luck with the sale!!

:slight_smile:

The max can be converted to a RWD. Look at the J-spec mxima, called…I dunno, I think Cerfiro, it’s called. Only the lights and drivetrain differ, other than that it’s a maxima. The diffrence between the SE and GXE in 1998 differed about 1.5g’s since the GXE has no spoiler, no 16"alloys, no sunroof, and no ABS. Engine is the same 190hp 3.0 V6 DOHC, and prettymuch everything else.

The climate control I’ve seen wasnt red, it was the same one they make in 240sx’s, where it has a tab with red and blue, red for warm, blue for cold. It doesn’t have the little LCD display. This si what it looks like:

(non LCD)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/238000-238999/238223_13_full.jpg

(LCD version)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/445000-445999/445495_12_full.jpg

BTW, I forgot to mention, The rear “MAXIMA” sign has been “shaved” or removed(looks so much better), and the car has a new Exaust system put into it. I also got Panasonic Speakers in the car.

If I can get a few intrested people, I will take pics, but like I said this car is MINT!

I’ll vouch for the condition of the car. It looks like it was well taken care of.

in the 1992 model year, GXE was SOHC, i believe rated at 150HP

SE was DOHC, rated near 170-180 roughly. both motors are 3 litre, just the cam and ecu programming difference, i would imagine.

Bump

I also got 1998 Honda Accord Coupe Ready to go, Will post soon, but I decided to take some pics first. Shortly, by this week I should have them.

bump, just got new car, need to sell this one soon.