FS: 1999 Subaru Legacy Outback Limited

1999 Subaru Legacy Outback Limited - Wagon

• Colour: Black/Beige
  • Mileage: 151,000 miles
  • Model: LIMITED 30th Anniversary Edition
  • Engine: 2.5L NA Flat-4
  • Transmission: Automatic
  • Drivetrain: AWD

As the title says, I’m selling my winter car/daily driver. I drove this for a full year and have had no major mechanical issues with it. I’ve fixed it up a bunch (see below for details) since I got it. Would make a good clean daily driver, parts hauler, or winter car. I’m selling it because I bought a 2011 Elantra for a daily.

The Good:

• Rebuilt Heads w/ NEW Cometic head gaskets (The 2.5 has issues with head gasket failures and burning coolant. This has been replaced and should have no troubles.)
  • NEW Valve Cover Gaskets
  • NEW Intake Manifold Gaskets
  • NEW Exhaust Manifold Gaskets
  • NEW Timing Belt and Tensioner
  • NEW Oil Pan Gasket
  • NEW Fuel Filter (<15,000km on it)
  • NEW PCV Valve
  • Subaru Coolant Additive used
  • All fresh fluids
  • Exhaust system replaced from the cat back
  • Shop WARRANTY on all the above parts and labour for another ~15,000km
  • All Season Tires w/ ~80% Tread left
  • 30th Anniversary Edition has all LIMITED and power options: A/C, Heated Leather Seats, Heated Mirrors, Heated Wipers, BIG Front Fog Lights, Factory 10-Speaker Stereo w/ Subwoofer, Rear Privacy Cover
  • Rear Hatch Spoiler (Dealer Option)
  • Car was struck on the driver’s side door in a parking lot so I had the door replaced along with a couple touch-ups to some areas that needed attention and the entire left side of the car was repainted.

The Bad:

• Less than a week after the body and paint was done, the front left corner was involved in a hit-and-run overnight in Kingston. A police report was issued but the person responsible was never found. So there is some damage to the front bumper cover and a small dent on the fender. Damage is cosmetic only.
  • The transmission is a bit jumpy. A mechanic friend said it was just a “delay valve”, but I hate automatics and never bothered to have it repaired. It’s not slipping, and it drives fine, it just jumps into gear if you make it downshift. Apparently this is an inexpensive fix…
  • Rear differential is locked. I’m told this happens to these cars fairly regularly, and there are fixes for it, but I actually liked it in the winter. Made for really good traction, and the car NEVER gets stuck anywhere! Dunno if this is much of a negative but it can be an “annoyance” if you’re not used to it. (I rock welded and clutch-type LSD’s all the time, in RWD cars, so it didn’t bother me at all)

Extras:

• I’m also including a tubular roof-mount cargo basket which I bought for the car ($250 new)
  • I have two 3" projector lights and two 3" flood lights with clamps to mount to the cargo basket. I never got around to installing these, so they are completed NIB. I’ll throw them in for an extra $100. ($250 new)

Asking: $2600 Certified and E-tested

Pics forthcoming…

PM or email me (marcsumner@yahoo.com) if interested.

Sounds like a good legacy. POST ON TSC and SLI!

bumperoo for a great car, by the sounds of it.

mega-vouch!

Pics, as promised…

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

FYI, the car is listed on Kijiji, Craigslist, and Autotrader for $2750 cert/etested. I’m looking to sell this thing quick, so first reasonable offer will be accepted.

If you want to get a great deal on a good car, ACT NOW!!! It will be gone in a week!!

Up.

Okay, the new car arrives on Saturday. I have a 4-car garage and 11 cars so… if I can sell it this week, I’m willing to let it go for CHEEEEAP!!!

$2000 AS IS (saves me the time and the hassle) or $2500 Certified and E-tested

HUGE DEAL!!!