FS: 1999 VW Passat GLS V6 Luxury Sedan for $8,999 OBO!

This is one of the quickest and most comfortable performance luxury sedans you will ever drive. Why? Because it is based on the award-winning Audi labelmate, the A4. In fact, the two cars are identical with the exception of the VW badges, some slight styling changes, and the lack of Quattro (or in VW lingo, 4Motion) AWD technology. It is black on black leather, and comes FULLY LOADED like the GLX. The only difference between this GLS and the GLX is that the GLX has power seats and a wooden shift knob, and mine does not. My car has EVERY OTHER feature though, including the Monsoon 8-speaker stereo, full power features (with those amazing one-touch windows and moonroof), wooden grain dash, etc. The car has zero rust and no leakage whatsoever. Unlike every other seller who makes such claims on their advertisements, you are welcome to take this car to your own mechanic prior to purchase, and check it on a hoist. This car has NO OTHER costs for the buyer, besides the cost of insurance and gas. It is NOT bad on gas, but at the same time, it is no Civic. The mileage on the car is almost 147,000km and it has no modifications except for the JVC KD-AVX1 3" in-dash motorized DVD deck and 6,000K High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamps that I have installed.

If you have ever driven a 1.8T, you would know that it is one of the fastest subcompact car engines ever made. With a peak horsepower of only 150hp (at 6,500 RPM), you wouldn’t expect the kind of performance that you actually get from it in real-life driving, because VW engines have been fine-tuned to offer a monstrous amount of torque to the driver at a very low RPM. The 1.8T engine’s peak torque of roughly 150 lbs./ft. (which equates to A LOT of low-gear fun) is available at roughly 1,800 RPM in every gear, making it one of the fastest city cars available to consumers. This 2.8L engine has even a higher peak horsepower (190hp at 6,500 RPM) and peak torque (210 lbs./ft.) rating, but the peak torque kicks in at a later RPM (3,200 RPM).

I have driven and owned both a 1.8T and V6 Passat, along with a turbocharged Integra GS-R and my dad’s old E36 ///M3 sedan. The 1.8T does offer a slightly better gas mileage than the V6, but with the way I drive, every time I downshift into the peak torque zone of my engine with the 5-speed Tiptronic transmission, I use less gas than I did with the smaller 1.8T engine. Maybe if you drive less ambitiously as I do with such a powerful car, you might receive better gas mileage from the 1.8T than this V6. However, as far as reliability goes, the V6 is not only smoother in power delivery at all speeds and RPMs, but it does not suffer from poor turbocharger defects. I looked on Epinions.com and it seemed like I wasn’t the only person with a blown head gasket and turbo gasket on my 1.8T. Those engines are also more prone to leakages, since their owners usually do not take meticulous care of them. If you want something that gives you close to E36 ///M3 power in a much more comfortable luxury sedan form, and costs less on gas and insurance, then this is the car for you.

This car has never been raced or abused, since the most I have made use of the monstrous torque on this car is during passing on city roads and regular driving on highway. Also, all the maintenance for it has already been done by the 60-year-old male that drives it. The car comes with four new brake pads, four new rotors, new spark plugs, new engine wiring, new gas filter, new air filter, and a new synthetic oil change, so it honestly feels like a brand new car when you drive it.

The price is $8,999 OBO, and you may e-mail me at da_semen_demon@hotmail.com or call Cyrous at (905)-780-6146 (home) or ( (416)-402-7543. If do call the home phone number and no one picks up, please leave a message with your name and phone number, and I promise I will return your call as soon as possible. Thanks for looking!

Bump.

Since when is a passat considered luxury?

And I always thought the Jetta was based on the A4 and the Passat on the A6: am I wrong?

That’s an ok price though.

Wanna trade for my 97 Legacy LSi + $2000

yea… ur wrong.

passat and a6 is correct tho.

GT

Ummm, you’re both wrong.

Passat IS a luxury car, because it IS based on the A4, the lightest and most award-winning car ever made from Audi (that’s right, a 2.8L A4 is faster and probably better than a 2.8L A6, 'cause the A6 is a slob with a roomier interior). Go read some reviews on the Internet guys. Or even better yet, use your eyes and brain! The cars have the same chassis (length and width of body), same powertrain (FWD/AWD), same drivetrain (1.8T/2.8L), and same interior (leather and wood grain dash). Please don’t say stupid shit like Passat = A6 again on here, because it shows that you know nothing whatsoever about German cars. By the way, the Passat is a MUCH better value car than the A4, because it is the EXACT SAME thing for a much cheaper price. Again, read any review you want off of Google (I don’t wanna send you a biased link), and you will see how much bang you are getting for your buck, because you are not paying for the Audi badge. And the equivalent of Quattro AWD is available in the Passats as 4Motion technology. And the B5 Passats (by the way, that is another way you know the A4 and Passat are cousins, because they share the same generation codes) even come with the option for a highly unreliable but EXTREMELY powerful and value-oriented W8 engine. Read up on it and you will see what I mean. My car sits along all of these options you have on the market at a very reasonable price, and it is in absolutely pristine condition. Seeing is believing, so just call the number listed and book a time to come by and see it.

As for your Legacy, I might be interested. Please send me a link to more information about the car. Thanks.

BUMP.

actually no YOUR wrong.

the passat and a6 share nearly all the same suspension componants and are nearly the same size dimensionally… many of the small interior parts will cross over to complete trim packages, much of the suspension is the same as well as the brakes, in fact when you order brakes they all fit from one to the other.

AS WELL

the audi a4 ALSO uses many of the same suspension componants and brake parts.

the passat never came with a w8 engine in that year, it came out in 2001 and only went to 2005 cus the thing was a piece of shit.

1.8t out of a golf, or a 30v 2.8L v6 both made weak power 158 and 190 hp respectivly was all it came with.

the 4 motion isnt near the quality of the quattro system because audi will not allow vw to addopt the same system.

as well the curb weights of both the passat and the a6 are almost the same 1955 kg for the passat and 1898kg for the a6

oh and to finish it off.

go look at the as tested 1/4 mile times of the audi a6 with the 2.8l and the passat with the 2.8l… nearly the same…

so really… you have no idea whats going on.

the A4 and passat are not even near the same car, all you have to do is go and look at a 99 a6 and 99 passat side by side event the body shape is nearly the same.

dont you even think you can insult my intelligence when it comes to vw/audi.

GTFO

GT

Technically it’s both…

A4 and A6 both share components… either way, the whole argument is ridiculous.

It probably wouldn’t have started either if RiP didn’t make his FS post read like a VW press ad.

moreso the a6 tho beacuse the unibody is nearly identical.

regardless.

rip dont spread bs, and dont insult people when you dont know what you are talking about.

that happens far to much on this board to think you can get away with it.

GT

I don’t know why you think you can come off being so disrespectful when you don’t even have your facts straight.

The Passat slots in between the A4 and A6 in length, width, height, wheelbase and weight.
That means it does NOT have the same dimensions as the A4.

Oh and Cal… just to get shit straight

VW A chassis = Jetta, A3, TT
VW B chassis = Passat, A4
VW C chassis = A6

Lots of parts are crossed between platforms but none of the cars are identical.

Okay, thanks for the enlightenment guys, and I’m sorry if I came across as being rude. BUMP.

haha how can you NOT come across as being rude… you typed the post…

oh btw… locked. 7 days dead post before bump.

pm me in 7 days for an unlock.

GT