Audi A4

I never really knew how nice the older A4’s are until I found that kids silver A4 at WOW. It was an awsome car minus the 8 out of 9 tv’s in it :rolleyes: . I was talking to sailor and he said you can pick one up used for 10-12K. He also said the one I was looking at had the “sport package” it had heated seats, etc… What years was that style made 96-02? or like 98-02? The interior was flawless, I loved the leather and door trim panels. I also like the fact that its a 1.8t and is a quattro. I am going to start to look for one wrecked, fix it, paint it with a new coat of BASF Glasurit paint, drive it for a few thousand miles, then sell it.

Anyone else have any opnions on this. How is the 1.8t motor? Is it the same as Sonnys VW? I always liked Audis but never really got a good look at one inside, now I am in love with it.

Any opnions / good websites to go to read up on them?

Thanks
Mark

THAT CAR WAS SWEET!!!

Be prepared for German eccentricities.

and it’s basically the same motor as the VW1.8T, if I recall correctly.

they are awesome driving car also…ful package looks power etc…that color on that car was sweet also

i could tell you everything you want to know just call me though… i would be typing for days… different years had different turbos shit like that… the kids down there was a 2000 though.

Originally posted by whitey
i could tell you everything you want to know just call me though… i would be typing for days… different years had different turbos shit like that… the kids down there was a 2000 though.
ur #:smiley:

I thought the blue Quattro coupe along the back wall was awsome. Sliver A4 is great too, def an improvement from last year but those wheels got to go :doh:

1.8T’s are great little motors…what kind of VW does sailor have? it’s probly not the same…AEB motors are found in late 90’s Audi’s and VW. Stock hp is around 150 on 7lbs, turn up that boost around 15-20 lbs with a mbc and/or tweek the computer maps and get that biatch up to and above 200hp and 250 ft lbs tq

if you have any questions I’ll try to help out, I’m by no means a mechanic, I just know alot of stuff

I love A4’s they are aweome cars…
infact s14M3 brother has a silver one…
really nice cars when all tricket out…

just don’t get in a wreck like scfb518t did…hehe
sorry bro

Originally posted by blkmax005spd
just don’t get in a wreck like scfb518t did…hehe
sorry bro

:embarass: :frowning: :rolleyes:

If I would have been smart and bought coilovers instead of bodykit that would have never happened :eek:

stock ride height and stiffness is a bit shaky even w/ AWD, bodyroll owned me that night

there is a 2000 S4 with 60k miles in the auto mart for 22000

that blue audi was nice, but did ya see the runs?

A4’s are fun and they can be fast… just get ready to spend the money

They are def a fun car to drive…But there not that fast out the box…My bro just did tint,suspension,and a remus muffler and brembo rotors that were cryod with axxis pads…chip is comin soon.

Originally posted by whitey
that blue audi was nice, but did ya see the runs?

A4’s are fun and they can be fast… just get ready to spend the money

Didn’t get a close enough look, I was only there 3 hours but I liked what I saw.

and yea, Audi’s are expensive if you buy everything new…if you look around though you can find some deals slightly used stuff

I like the A4 at the show but i wasnt a fan of the wheels and the fact that i think it had more Tv’s in that car than i do in my house

all 1.8t motors are the same. the only difference is u can’t swap a auto motor into a 5-spd w/o converting the crank. vw/audi dropped the ball and machined the crankdifferently. nothing better than having motor in car and finding this out.

other little differences are how intake manifold sits the throttle body, as well as what turbo came w/ it.

hp wise, they all can be made = w/ chips etc. no big deal there.

I totally forgot I posted this… thanks for the replys guys… When I was talking to Sailor about it, he said you can pick a used one up for like $10 to $14K… what years did they make that style in. I like the 2000 year style… whats the earliest year they made that style, I am mainly looking for price becuase I am in the process of getting a new GMC Denali and I really cant afford a newer one. The only way I would be able to buy one is if I found a wrecked one cheap, I would like to fix it myself for some body work experience, drive it for a few thousand miles and then sell it…

I just could not believe the detail in the interior. I am a BIG fan of a cars interior… to me thats just as important if not MORE important than the outside styling. They door panels reminded me of a BMW, so did the dash… Can you get factory navi for that car?

you can pick up a 2000 1.8 turbo with about 60k miles for around 14k with the sports package…
they had that style for a while…it first came out in 1996
THe 1.8 Turbo’s are really cheap now!
and a new Denali is pimp!!
but they are gonna redo those trucks for 2006!
just thought i would let ya know…

i got a 96 w/ 30,000 miles. it is an automatic 2.8 fwd model. has an “r” title due to being hit in front end, but bags didn’t blow. allready fixed. it is here at maroneys for sale.

Originally posted by blkmax005spd
you can pick up a 2000 1.8 turbo with about 60k miles for around 14k with the sports package…
they had that style for a while…it first came out in 1996
THe 1.8 Turbo’s are really cheap now!
and a new Denali is pimp!!
but they are gonna redo those trucks for 2006!
just thought i would let ya know…

BTW thats from the auction…
I dunno if you have an auction license or not…

yeah we have an auction license… ill have to go look to see when im ready.