VW/audi guys

Might be picking up a 2000 Audi a4 1.8T quattro 5-speed. Any drawbacks to this year?

I heard mods are $$$, like almost $900 for a catback

TT stainless catback w/2 Borla muffs = 600 bucks.

nice car but it’s only a 1.8t in a heavy AWD car.

still pricey for a catback :slight_smile:

150hp, 1.8L, 3350lbs… :hsugh:

• his fat ass!

dont chips add like 30-40hp for them?

thats still a lot of car for 1.8L to be pulling around.

yes

i hear ya… although isnt the 6cyl TT motor that was in the older S4’s, they move dont they?

im pretty sure you could get the A4 with a 2.8L. not sure if its turbo or what. S4 = win. Drove a couple when I worked valet the out at the country club. Didnt get to open it up like the E46 M3 we jacked and took out on the old country roads around the club. that was fucking awesome.

intake, chip, and exhaust should bump it from 150 to 205hp easily.

s4 motor is 2.7tt and the a4 is 1.8t and 2.8v6

people like you is why they invent valet keys :slight_smile:

punkassjim from the tex got 207 whp and 238 wtq at waterfest w/fmic, intake, chip and exhaust…

There nice cars my bro has 1…he lowerd it and got a remus muffler for it…sounds alright but theres 3 cats on that car so its kinda restricted…his car has 77k on it and he had to replace all the wheel bearings.and the oil pump and your supposed to change the timing belt on them at 70k i think…But other than that he dumped a little over a grand into it.But those are the things that go bad on them…but other than that it should last for along time

yeah kolar, the 1.8T have like a recommended service at I think 60k. Other then that they are great cars. awesome for a daily driver. If you wanted to kick it up a notch you could get a chip and I am sure you would be fine with that for a daily driver.

PS they are awesome in the winter as well. If you are worried about getting stuck throw a set of blizzaks on for the winter and look out. you will be passing SUV’s left and right

a valet key lets you drive the car, but wont allow you access to the trunk. I didnt really give a fuck about what was in the trunk of the M3, which we took to redline 15 times easily, and did a small burnout. When we got back we notice d it had 415 miles on the odometer. :kekegay:

valet key on my uncles benz only lets you take it to like 40 I think

thats less than a stock DSM… and a DSM weighs less. DSM’s are dogs stock.

Not sayin not to get it, but I really like the torque of a V6 for a daily driver.

And if you wanna kick it up a notch, You could throw a supercharger on the Max for the same $$ as those mods on the Audi and be over 300hp.

/Nissan cock riding