FS: 2000 Civic D16Y8 VTEC Head

Selling a SOHC VTEC D16Y8 Head, almost complete, injectors, distributor and vtec solenoid not included. Valve Cover included 150 locally. 698-7487 rady

will it fit my 93 1.5l???

yes sir it will

hmm, will my parts that that head is missing work?

will it effect timing, compression, or gas mileage?

your 1.5 distributor will bolt right up your injectors and everything else will work, nice mini-me setup you will feel a diff in power gas might go up due to the fact the motor doesnt have to strain itself due to lack of power and compression will go up a few points… call me at 698-7487

you will have 10.5ish:1 compression (depending on HG)
you will need a vx timing belt. it will fit, but be tight. you can swap out the tensioner, but i wouldn’t worry about it.
you will also need a mix of head bolts. the y8 used shorter ones, but you can’t use all y8 bolts or you will pull the threads out of the block. if memory serves it is the 2 corners that need the shorter bolts.
i would also suggest replacing the intake manifold, but it is not necessary.

holy shit, that seems more work than necessary. i just want a head that will bolt up and go, the timing belt only has 20k on it so i dont want another one. can i swap the cam gear out?

im not trying to get a performance gain necessarily, just reliable and maybe better mpgs. not trying to ruin this sale, but i dont want something that is more work than necessary for no better results.

head comes with the original y8 intake manifold

its not worth your time travis. let me see if i can find a head for you. i’ll text you later on.

still for sale, bump

got a couple of 400 watt amps, 2 10" alphasonic subs with ported box, carbon fiber 2.5 inlet muffler brand new.

do you have the vtec solenoid ??

yes

how many miles are on it?

79,423 that was the last of the milage on the car when it got t-bones

the car ran really stong when the head was running

any buyers

bump

any takers new price 125

anybody needs a head for mini-me or just for a power adder…