FS: 2002 Honda Accord SE

HELPING A FRIEND SELL THIS! His name is Jason - 315-491-3264

2002 Honda Accord SE for sale! White 2 door. Overall pretty average condition for a 10 year old car. Not perfect, but not terrible, either. 140k miles, auto, 4 cylinder. I stopped driving it in March due to me getting a vehicle from work so it’s been sitting for the past 8 months or so. This is basically an LX with power everything but with a power moonroof. I bought the car as the 2nd owner in 2005 from a dealership in Elmira.

First, the bad. Problems are as follows: Needs a new oil pan, causing it to leak - Profusely. Rear brake drums are shot but wheel bearings are good, and there is still a little life left on the shoes (I have pics). Needs a good detailing inside & out. Paint OK, albeit a little flat. No typical Honda rear quarter panel rust. Dents on passenger door.

Now the good stuff - Clean and clear title! No accidents! New timing belt & water pump in March, just before it came off the road. Viper 571xv 2-way alarm/remote start included. Lazy installer (me) never bought the bypass module so I just left the key in the ignition all the time so it would start. i did hook up starter kill though, so I wasn’t worried about it disappearing. New tires in front in Jan of '11, good tread on fronts and rears (was good in the snow, driving between Herkimer & Oriskany every day) New brakes in front 2 years ago including one new caliper. I added the OEM map light unit equipped with the Homelink buttons for garage doors etc. (original unit also included) I also have a short ram intake (not installed) but if you want it, it’s all yours. It was a great car. Got 27 mpg consistently.

I was going to fix everything and price it at $3,500. OEM oil pan is $60 and brakes are probably $100 for the pair of drums. I just don’t have the ambition nor the time to get the repairs done, so $3,000 takes it. Would make a great winter car! Located in Herkimer. Due to oil leak, it can’t be taken out for test drive, and will need to be towed - pukes every drop of oil upon startup. I put 3 quarts in to start it and move it 20 feet, and it left a slick in my driveway. Aside from oil all over the place, it started and ran excellent! Needs to go ASAP! Too many cars in the driveway now that I have the Legacy! :slight_smile:

No bites at all?

ya $3500 for a car with near 150k on it and one with a transmission thats known for being weak. It’s overpriced IMO, especially since it’s not running.

There’s one on craigslist with half the miles, same year, for half your price, that needs nothing.

Shut up “Jevik” you dick slammer

It’s $3,000

Link?

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/3415309237.html

No idea why I was called a dick slammer… But all I did was relay some info… 98-02 accord automatics are notorious for slipping transmissions. And still $3000 for a car that needs work is a bit much for many. Especially since it was run without oil, case in point, driving it while it left a slick of oil in the driveway.

Got my accord for $2000. Needed nothing, no rust, all options, and had 150k on it.

Ok. Well that’s what he’s asking for it, if your not interested in buying it, you don’t need to post in this thread

Not trying to be a dick, but have some respect for someone’s sale thread

It’s not even his sale.

He asked why no hits. I gave my opinion. But I digress… GLWS

:rofl

hahhaa