FS: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT

With the purchase of the M3 and X5, the LGT no longer has a place in my driveway. It’s the car I’ve owner longer than any other, and it has treated me mostly well besides some warranty work.

Motor/drivetrain:
XO2 (ebay) exhaust, slightly modified for clearance.
Walbro 255lph fuel pumps - Including a full surge tank setup to combat fuel starvation on track, which I haven’t had an issue with since this setup was put together and installed by Adam Hennessy (RRF).
Invidia Catless Divorced Bellmouth downpipe
Cobb SF Intake & Airbox
Invidia uppipe
Perrin BCS
Perrin BOV
06/07 WRX flywheel
ACT heavy duty pressure plate w/ full face organic disk
IHI VF52 turbo
Perrin turbo inlet
Cosworth 2.6L short block w/ 81mm billet crank
GSC S1 cams/valvesprings/retainers
RRF port work on the head
Moroso aluminum oil pan
ARP head studs
TorqueMaster engine mounts
Group-N transmission mount
RRF oil cooler
Cosworth 12mm high pressure oil pump
Gates timing and accessory belts
Koyo radiator

Suspension/Brakes/miscellaneous:
DBA 4000 series slotted rotors, front and rear
Goodridge stainless lines
Kartboy short shift kit
Kartboy exhaust bushings
GT Spec undertray
Bilstein HD struts/shocks
Swift springs
Whiteline sway bars, front and rear
Whiteline Roll-center and Bump-steer kit
Perrin Sway Bar End Links
Perrin PSR System
Defi Advance CR boost and oil pressure gauges
Defi Advance CR Link
OZ Allegerita wheels, 18x8 +48 w/ NO tires
Stock 17’s w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 winter tires

I think that’s it.

I originally bought the car in early 2007 from Goldstein Subaru in Albany, NY. It went through an OEM turbo and bottom end which were both replaced under warranty due to an oil starvation issue which was resolved when the motor was rebuilt. On May 1, 2010 I was at Lime Rock Park where the motor went again, this time cyl #4 ringland. I had a track event at Watkins Glen two weeks later, so I had to scramble to find an already built shortblock that was in stock. I ended up ordering a Cosworth short block w/ the 81mm stroker crankshaft from Rallysportdirect, along with several other items in order to make motor run it’s best, including the Cosworth 12mm high-pressure oil pump, ARP head studs, Moroso oil pan, the engine and tranny mounts, and a few other things. I also ordered the new Defi gauges at that time, because I was under the impression my AEM gauges done broke on me, in which case a fuse was blown (F me, right?). The new Defi gauges match the gauge cluster almost perfectly, even with the red ring around the dials. Upon completion of the swap, I went to EFILogics to get the car tuned, where at the time (mid/late June on a very humid day) I put down 299whp and 295ft lbs. The motor wasn’t completely broken in, so I went back a month later for a re-tune and put down over 300whp and 325ft lbs. The car pulls SOOO smooth and feels excellent in every way. As of right now, the short block has about around 9,000 miles on it.

The car has nine or ten track days on it and a couple autocross events. The car is pretty damn good on track, and handles very well. I’ve been able to overtake several Porsche GT3s, STis, EVOs, Corvettes, Mustangs, etc… in the car without any issue. With the current setup on the car, I feel I have achieved an almost-perfect balance of power, handling, and braking.

The bad:
Carpet under the driver’s throttle/brake pedel is torn due to not being able to use mats on track (the get in the way, go ahead and ask Toyota how the work)
Has two accidents. One was in May 2009 which was <5mph but ended up being the reason for the whole new JDM front end. The other was in February where I was lightly t-boned by a semi truck. Sounds bad, but only caused $2,000 in damage. The repair was done at Neal’s Auto Enhancing on Central Ave, and came out excellent. Most on here know the caliber of his work is amazing, and his work on this car is no different. I will have the car detailed prior to buyer picking it up.

As far as price goes, I am open for negotiating, but I would like to get $15,000. I’m also including the OEM radiator, BOV, downpipe w/ cat, uppipe, and anything else I can find.

Deal of the century. GLWS

Pics:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r146/CosseyOwns/LGT/14453_532832184969_209802098_317044.jpg

Easily $20k+ in parts alone.

Buyer only needs to put in DW 740’s and the car will run perfect on and off track.

Just donate it to me!! GLWS Sick looking car.

Not to mention the ability throw a huge turbo + bigger injectors on it and not have to ever worry about the Cosworth block grenading.

This thing make a good daily driver?

No… Amazing

absolutely awesome daily!!! GLWS!!!

If this was for sale 2 months ago I would have bought it instead of my Jetta. It would have been more reliable too. FML

Looks fun as hell. GLWS Cossey

Wow, never seen a full mod list on this thing until now, very well thought out and tasteful. GLWS

Cossey, didn’t I do an RA gearset on this thing as well plus a new 5th gear? I’ve done so many of them for people I can’t remember.

Has a heated Crawford air/oil separator system on it.

Engine also has Crawford eccentric timing idler pulleys as well. I set timing via degree wheel on this particular engine VS going by shitty timing marks on plastic t-belt covers.

Car is solid. Needs very little to be a fucking hoot of a DD.

uuggghhh so wish i had the money for this , one of the few scoobs i would actually drive . cossey good luck there is no doubt ya take care of your cars .

oh and this car did not overtake my car lolol , i won

Cossey, 2 words. OIL COOLER

Werd, I had dreams of throwing a GT30R or GTX35R on it and revving to 8000rpm (that’s what Cosworth says this STROKED block would do. If that’s not balanced, I dunno what is) and then driving off into the sunset.

See all comments below sir. With new injectors and an aftermarket top or frount mount IC, it’d prolly be one of the funner DD’s in the area.

I haven’t seen a FS ad for your Jetta yet… Might wanna get on that lol.

I don’t remember which gears exactly that Fred gave me, but it does have some gearset that feels great in the car.

Oh ya, forgot about those other mods too.

Psh, I don’t recall downshifting in said “race”.

Three words: Never received PayPal.

lol

I have the same car for sale in my driveway. $5000 no title, track use only

:lol

GLWS dude. Deff a deal

+1 for Neal’s work too!

Willing to take any trades? :slight_smile: