FS: 22" Viewsonic (VX2235WM) monitor. *make offer*

Monitor is in perfect condition. No dead pixels, super bright and crisp, vivid display. Monitor is only about 6 months old, have all hardware, documentation and boxes it came in. No scratches or knicks on the piano black finish. I’m pretty sure it’s wall mountable too and also has built in speakers.

It also has VGA and DVI video. If you’re running two computers/xbox’s or whatever, just hit a button and it’ll switch the video feed from one to the other. The native resolution is 1680X1050 with a 5ms response time.

Asking 250 obo. It should also still have a manufacturers warranty on it. Viewsonic is one of the better display manufacturers imho. Only reason I’m selling is because I’d like something a little bigger (maybe a 30") for the software I’m using.

pic not mine, just a stock image from google. Just to get an idea of the size/looks on a desk
http://lh6.ggpht.com/MoranS281/SGJ47ZwCAYI/AAAAAAAAAO4/KKDpu6htni4/s800/viewsonic_vx2235wm.jpg

Dam, wish I had an extra $250. If you have this by the weekend I will grab it.

I’d trade for my sound system

PMed with all the questions you answered already.

JDMSIR, thats cool man… if I still have it, it’s yours

JustKarter, thats ok… already have one.

Boxxa, PM replied

Still for sale?

yes sir

hmm 5ms is kinda high these days, 2ms would be ideal for games.

how does it do with games steve?

awesome, I’ve never once noticed any kind of ghosting on it or anything like that

bump

open to offers, need to sell by the time the 28" gets here (3 days or so)

bump new monitor is en route

Just so u know steve its 259 at newegg now.

yeah I know. But now with paying tax and delivery, it should put it well over 300. (plus 50 dollars of that is a mail in rebate)

I’m open to offers as well

bump bump

which 28 did u end up getting?

And i take it since your using this for modeling you didnt get a TN screen and went with the S-PVA?

um, no clue what any of that means lol

I got this one

Pretty much the same as the 22", but with more/HMDI inputs and a few other improvements (larger native resolution, higher contrast ratio and lower response time)

TN is older technology used mainly for gaming and text apps, S-PVA has better color replication for modeling and graphic intense programs.

how can I tell?

edit: don’t see anything listed under specs. about it

its TN i just checked.

its getting pretty good reviews too. Im not sure how much color replication you need with what type of work you are doing, but here is a simple explanation

While TN panels are inexpensive and generally fast, they offer poor viewing angles, color reproduction and have a tendancy to display image artifacts, amongst other things. If gaming is your top priority, then I would say it’s an okay monitor. If you want to do photo editing or what HD video then I would not recommend it. 6-bit monitors can only product 262,144 actual colors, the remaining 16 million colors are created through the dithering process where serveral colors are blended to come out with an approximate color. This is part of the reason why TN panels tends to produce artifacts for video, especially HD content.

oh, ok. So it can only display “X” amount of actual colors at once? I’ve never really noticed any problems with the 22", and assume the 28 is based on the same technology. Good info to know though, the newer technology units are probably a lot more expensive though, aren’t they?

Most other monitors in it’s size range are double the price (probably newer technology). Hopefully it looks ok, now you got me worried