Good monitor?

I’m probably going to be getting a new monitor for xmas and i was looking at this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16824001067 Would this be a good monitor for basic gaming, i play WoW the most, or is there a better monitor out there for a similar price?

usually cant go wrong with samsung, id get it

Thats what i’ve heard, i was just wondering if anyone knows if the specs are good, i’d hate to have “ghosting” when playing games that would annoy the hell out of me. Our tech guy at work told me to make sure the contrast ratio is above 600:1 which it is (700:1) and that the ms# (refresh rate??) is less than 15 which it is (8ms) and i should be good. He also said to get one with a DVI hookup because that will help prevent ghosting since it transfers the picture faster. So according to his recommendations this monitor should be good enough for what i need it for then right?

Lowest Ever! Dell Business has the Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand for $579 - automatic 25% off -$434 - $100 off $500 code 63C1JBV4XV1VMD [Exp 12/14] = $334 shipped.

No ghosting with that .Cheap no-name monitors ghost.

Samsung,Dell,Viewsonic,LG are all really decent…lg is a bit on the lower end but they still dont ghost.

You want to stay away from stuff like sylvania,westinghouse,proview,GE…etc

I love my sony 17"

1024 x 768 FTL

I’d skip.

Hit the dell, either the 2001fpw or the 2005fpw, both are available for about the same price frequently w/ coupons.

I like flat screen CRTs the best and they are cheaper

same.

i just dont like the look of the lcd with games and the blurr etc
non-gaming i would take an lcd anyday, they look so crisp(y)

non-gaming i would take an lcd anyday, they look so crisp(y)

wtf

lol then buy a good lcd, cheap lcds will blur, good ones wont

what do you guys think about this one?

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=202004741&adid=17654&dcaid=17654

Just got a 19" ViewSonic. Its fucking baller. I love it.

how much was that? i want a 19" but i’d like to keep it under $400 if possible

270 shipped from newegg

thats kinda what I use… i dont know what the G is for… mine is the P225f pRofessional series… its fucking REDICULOUS… games are soooo nice on it…

but ask anyone that has seen it… the only downside is the absurd size… it takes about 80% of my deskspace… but the only thing i’d ever switch to is a 30+" flat panel/plasma

lol i have a 21" CRT now, thats the reason i want an LCD is becaues of the size/weight

My fiance had a 17" CRT before and the thing took up the whole desk. There was barely any room for the keyboard. Now I have the LCD and the keyboard set way back on the desk and now there is about 12" of space for you to rest your arms. Awesome for playing games.