FS: Apexi Commander ECU SR20DET/180SX

Parts are currently in Japan and will be until sold. Prices are firm. Methods of payment are as follows: Paypal, interac direct email deposit, direct RBC deposit and or money order. Prices include shipping to your door. If you require faster shipping times, I will send it via EMS (express mail service) for an additional 15-20 Canadian.

Part: Apexi Commander ECU for SR20DET/180SX
Condition: Used condition
Contact: pm, msn> ford_edge@hotmail.com or adam@gatmotors.com
Price: $550 Canadian Firm

The Power FC replaces the factory ECU and controls all engine parameters.(Off road use only, no OBD-II) Installation is as easy as replacing the factory ECU. (Some minor rewiring is required on select vehicles.) The factory engine harness does not need to be replaced and all critical accessories such as air conditioning continue to function. By using the optional FC COMMANDER, the user can adjust and modify a wide range of settings. By changing various parameters and data, the Power FC will adapt to any of your performance needs. Since there is no need to upgrade ROM chips or trade in ECUs, the factory ECU can be kept by the original user.

Pictures:

First bump!

Does it really worth it to have this ECU without the commander ???

If I don’t have it…does the computer will take in charge all the mods i have on my car and set the ecu himself more aggressive?

I believe you can get adapters or something to hook it up to a laptop
to fine tune it.

The FC commander for the unit etc… is sold seperate

you can buy them from Apexi

But like I siad, it’s not necessary right? You should be able to program it
with a laptop and USB/serial connection?

^^^ should be able too…

I checked the apexi site quick “how i knew the commander was sold seperate” but they had a wire diagram and instructions etc… and there is a spot on the right side for lap top connection.

nope… just checked out the pdf a bit more

you have to have the FC Commander to tune it.

says nothing about being able to tune throu a PC

You can tune it with a laptop if you are an apexi shop (forget the name) OR if you have a datalogit setup. Datalogit is a separate company that has made a program to tap into the PFC. It is roughly $500 vs $300 for a commander. Sometimes you can find a used commander on ebay for under $200 if you keep your eyes open.

thie ecu is an awesome tool to have for sr20’s if u have the commander…without the commander its pretty much a pain in the ass cuz there is no other way to tune it, unless u have the apexi software which i believe only 3 ppl in toronto have access to…

Does this one can run on a redtop?

I know there’s 2 different parts number for redtop and blacktop

If im not mistaken, both red and black tops use the same ECU. Let me verify that,

so?

I know both engine can use each others ECU, but im not sure about PFC…i know there’s one for redtop and one for blacktop…

The redtop is one. The S14 blactop is another. That is simple.

However, the S13 blacktop and the redtop PFC can be interchanged if you don’t want to use your O2 sensor OR rewire the pins properly.

Second bump!