FS: civic si stage 2 racing clutch and light weight flywheel

I bought a stage 2 racing clutch and 8 pound aluminum flywheel for my car. I have an 01 civic lx, and the plan was to put in an SI tranny. Now my mechanic says I should put a DX tranny in instead. so I have the clutch kit and flywheel for sale and they’re for 2000 SI’s, probably compatible with some other years, let me know and I will try to find out. either way I’d have to sell the flywheel because the bolt pattern on my block is 6, this flywheel is for an 8, so screwed myself on that. haha. but everything is brand new.

So, if anyone wants these, I figured $250 obo for the clutch and $100-$150 obo for the flywheel. and if anyone wants both, I’d do like $300 for them both.

and if pictures are wanted, pm me and give me your cell number and I can send them to you via text.

dude,wtf is with that story its hard to follow…
who makes the clutch and flywheel?

Sorry, I didn’t really re-read what I wrote to make sure it made sense or not.

Ok, I was going to switch out the tranny in my 01 LX with an SI tranny, now the mechanic I know, whos working on it, said I should switch it out with a DX model tranny. and I had already bought the clutch and flywheel before he told me this. But when I bought the flywheel, I wasn’t sure if my engine block had the 6 or 8 bolt pattern for the flywheel (the lightweight flywheel is an 8 bolt pattern and my block is 6 bolt pattern), so either way I was going to have to sell the fly wheel, but if he says to get the DX tranny instead of the si, I’m selling the clutch kit as well.

I’m not sure who makes the clutch and flywheel off hand, they’re still down at the shop, and I was in North Carolina from Tuesday til today, and I haven’t had time to go to the shop and get them back yet, which I’m going to be doing tomorrow. but if you’re interested, pm me you cell number and I can text you the info on it and pictures if you want them.

what year si tranny would you use? 92-95? isn’t your car a d17? the si tranny from your generation is a dohc, while your engine is a sohc. the flywheel bolts to the crank, not the block. why would you want a different transmission anyways? its not going to make your car faster, it’ll feel a tiny bit peppier but you’ll lose gas mpg due to higher revs as highway speed. you’ll def. need to get the name brand of the clutch and flywheel, as well as part numbers. the clutch won’t fit your engine anyway is it’s for an si. if i’m not mistaken. good luck.

well, the mechanic told me to use an si tranny, but I was thinking about just having the tranny rebuilt with better gears and whatnot, but he told me I could probably use an si tranny. and the clutch I got was for a 2000, so it would have been around a 2000 si tranny because they didnt have a 2001 si model. I was going to use that tranny because I was told it had longer gear ratio’s and whatnot. and the lx tranny I don’t think is that great, my 2nd gear syncro is gone on it.but I think the clutch would have fit on it according to the mechanic, otherwise I don’t think he wouldn’t have told me to get the si clutch.

but when I pick them up probably today, I take some pictures and whatnot and figure out who the maker is and everything.

nope, 2000 si tranny will not fit, it’s for a dohc motor, you have a sohc motor. some companies sell adapter plates, but it’s def. not worth it. if you want the si tranny, swap the si motor as well. and if your mechanic said the si tranny will fit, find a new mechanic. just buy the lx tranny and enjoy a nice DD.

well, I was thinking about doing the si motor sway, or just a head swap later on, the si head I was told would fit on my motor, the 98-02 model’s I think they were would fit. and for the tranny, one of my friends tried telling me that the bell housing could be switched on the tranny, but I don’t really know…

wow, your mechanic and friends are tards
so is the clutch for a b series motor or a d series motor

Ok, lol. No, no, and no. You cannot swap an si head onto your block. NOTHING is interchangeable from an si to your engine. They are 2 completely different engines. You cannot switch bell housings. If you are hell bent on an si tranny you can buy a trans adapter plate. You will see no gains from this. The gearing will make the car feel a bit peppier, but is absolutely not worth the time and effort. Your best bet is to either a) swap a si motor and trans, b) an integra motor and trans, or c) which is your best bet, find another lx tranny to swap in and enjoy the nice dd.

what the fuck just happened.

Someone new to the honda game just a bit confused. We were all there once.

i would suggest getting a new mechanic too :tup:

silent - j. I’m being professional and not rude. Take you car and get it the fuck away from your mechanic. Either you are confusing what he is telling you, or he is an absolute fucking moron. Bring your car to Swerve and I’ll be more than happy to explain your options to acheive whatever it is you are trying to make happen. We are mainly a honda shop and can pretty much help you with anything and everything you may need for your car.

amen. I’ll vouch for swerve. Great guys there.

well, I would if the tranny wasn’t already pulled, parts are being ordered already, and if the warranty stuff wasn’t already done…

its for the b-serious motor…

ya on another issue in 01 I belive they started switching the d’s to a cable shift tranny. no more of the direct linkages as were on from well all the d’s since they were made. what 87? or so either way the only shorter geared tranny you could get for your current motor is the 01 to 05 civic ex tranny. thats it. si trans from 99-00 were b16’s and they are a b series only tranny without adapater plate. and 03 to current si’s are k20’s trannys. your pretty much screwed. but on the bright side the 01 to 05 civic ex trans should have the same gear ratios or abouts at the 92-95 civic ex,si and 96-00 civic ex. hope that helps a lil