FS: Crx rear seat conversion *Complete*

Posting this and at the same time vouching for a fellow Crx enthusiasts.
He has for sale a COMPLETE, OEM rear seat conversion for 88-91 Crx.
The seats are currently installed in his German Crx, so he has assured me that you will get EVERYTHING that you’ll need to drop this into your Crx.
He’s located in Rhode Island, therefore that is where the seats will be shipped from.

[quote=]Selling Complete rear seat setup…every bracket, belt, bolt, cargo shelf, trunk carpet, etc.

asking $550 shipped in the continental 48 OBO

The seatback is torn, and needs to be recovered. besides that its perfect. I taped up the rip, its mostly sundamage. & very easy to recover, I was quoted $75 by a local vinyl shop. Its installed factory in my EDM car right now, so thats why I can assure you you’ll get every last piece you need to put it in your car.[/quote]

Serious inqueries feel free to contact me and I can pass his contact info along to you.

oh wtf… i cant even find good CRX front seats and you’re selling rear’s!

[quote=“91CRXSI,post:2,topic:38799"”]

oh wtf… i cant even find good CRX front seats and you’re selling rear’s!

[/quote]

Yeah, the rear seats are easier to find than a decent set of Crx front seats.:wiggle:

how would a rear seat work in a crx ?? i dont get it

any pic

picture where that back cubby thing is… replace it with a nice padded seat instead of a storage compartment

would you hit your head

550 for a crx seat yikes! brackets better be made of gold!

I think they look cool, and are a nice touch, but i’d never let anyone sit in them if I were to buy um. The reason American versions of the CRX don’t have back seats are b/c it didn’t meet rear crash standards here so they threw the cargo area in to make it a safe 2 seater.

http://www.robhyde.com/gallery2/v/CRXStuff/crxsalephotos013.jpg.html

Enough legroom/headroom for a 5 year old!

[quote=“justa4door,post:4,topic:38799"”]

how would a rear seat work in a crx ?? i dont get it
any pic

[/quote]

Crx’s came with rear seats stock, basically everywhere in the world except N & S America.
This is not a pic of the actual seats for sale, but shows how the rear seats fit.

[quote=“Slopoke,post:7,topic:38799"”]

550 for a crx seat yikes! brackets better be made of gold!

[/quote]

Do some research.
$550 shipped is a fair price for a COMPLETE conversion which includes the seatbelts, all brackets, hardware, cargo cover, side cargo bins, etc.
Whereas everyplace else you will pay nearly that much and can’t be sure if you’ll get everything you need.

But, if you’re not interested, there theres no need for you to post.

[quote=“91CRXSI,post:8,topic:38799"”]

The reason American versions of the CRX don’t have back seats are b/c it didn’t meet rear crash standards here so they threw the cargo area in to make it a safe 2 seater.

[/quote]

I personally wouldn’t put the back seat in my Crx(I like the cargo space), but it was not a crash test standard that kept the Crx in the US from getting the rear seat. The Crx is no bigger than some other cars from that time that had a rear seat, Mazda 323, Omni, Dodge Colt etc…
I beieve it came down to Honda decision about sales and marketing to the US. The rear seat was not installed for space reasons. The average Japanese citizen is no more than 5ft. tall or so, so will the larger, fatter amercians sit back there?
Sales Perspective- no American is going to buy that for hauling ppl around. It wasn’t a DOT issue, I beleive it came down to what the US market would buy and how they wanted to market the Crx over here.

But back on topic…bump:ohyeah:

whoa. i never knew crx’s came without

good shit :tup: very interesting, bump

Pics posted/added to first post.

I would love to be sitting back there when rear ended.

[quote=“98SS10,post:13,topic:38799"”]

[/quote]

I don’t think there’s any LESS room between the back seats and the back bumper, compared to, say, an EG hatch.

[quote=“MXS,post:14,topic:38799"”]

I don’t think there’s any LESS room between the back seats and the back bumper, compared to, say, an EG hatch.

[/quote]

Oh well in that case i would be at ease.

LOL. I remember making people sit on that little black cubby thing when I needed to take 2-3 people somewhere.

[quote=“98SS10,post:13,topic:38799"”]

[/quote]

That really makes no sense…

On topic, if I still had my CRX I’d be all over these. I’m looking for FC rear seats currently!

[quote=“MXS,post:14,topic:38799"”]

[/quote]

Or even an EF hatch, I think it’s the roofline that makes it look that way.

But, back to topic, still for sale bump.