FS: fixer upper HP laptop

Need to get rid of it, been sitting idle in my room for over a year, this model had a common problem of the video processor or card frying. So basically, you can turn it on, and theres vertical lines running through the whole screen, but the screen is physically fine. Was a great laptop when working correctly , paid 1600 for it, also, battery’s pretty much shot and the cord is frayed. IDK what to ask for it, a while back a shop said 200, i doubt I can get that much now, realistically, lets start at 150. Fix it up, keep it, or sell it. Heres the specs

• Mobile Pentium 4 520 2.8GHz, with Hyper-Threading
  • 1GB DDR2 SDRAM 400MHz(512x1) from Micron
  • Toshiba 80GB hard drive 5400 RPM
  • LG GWA-4080N DVD+/-RW Drive - CD-ROM (40x); CD-R (40x write); CD-RW (24x write); DVD-ROM (16x); DVD-R (8x write); DVD-RW (4x write); DVD+R (16x write); DVD+RW (4x write); DVD+R Dual Layer (2.4x write)
  • ATI Mobility Radeon X600 with 256MB dedicated RAM
  • 17.0" WXGA TFT LCD ViewBright display 1440 x 900 resolution
  • Integrated V.92/56K modem
  • Realtek RTL8193 10/100 Ethernet LAN
  • Broadcom 802.11b/g Wireless LAN
  • Built-in Harman/Kardon stereo speakers
  • Intel ICH6 AC97 Sound Card
  • 5-in-1 Media Reader (Secure Digital, Memory Stick/Pro, MMC, xD Picture Card)
    heres the link

offers

125, or any interesting trades…

pmed

your link provides different specs

LMK if you want to sell it for $100.if so,I’ll take it.

what caused the screen to go?

Yeah, I’ll take 100 for it, lowest I’ll go. And the screen, there is a very very common problem in these models where the video card takes a crap. I know it is the video card because I tried the TV and monitor out, and the same thing happens, with vertical lines on the output monitor. The screen itself is physically fine.

how much would a new video card cost

problem with this model is im not sure if you can just place the video card, you may have to do the whole board, a new battery is 45 on ebay. I actually had some computer engineer guy offer me 150, or 200 if id deliever, we’ll see if that comes true…

that guy is still working on the money, id really like 120 for it, but if you are serious for 100 ill take it, cash picked up

100 … anyone?

How big are the lines?
Are they just annoying, or is it 80% of the screen?

the lines are pretty annoying, im going to say it is impractical for normal use, but still readable enough for me to back up the files I needed to, theres a ton of info out there on the vertical line on the zd8000 model problems

I’m back in town, 100 cash takes it!

ebaying…