FS: GM 3.8L 3800 Supercharger

GM 3.8L 3800 Supercharger
Its an Eaton M62 Supercharger from a 1994 Bonneville SSEI 3.8L Series 1 With Approx. 70,000 miles on it.

$150 or best offer

pm me if interested

I saw this post on UNYCGP…how/why did u get a M62? Also, what did ur Ranger with the scoop look like? I remember someone had one in Newfane a few yrs ago.

…sorry Just bored.

How’s it run? Any leaks? What comes with it?

Id guess just the complete supercharger.

Yeah, re-reading I see it’s just the S/C. If it wasn’t it was such a good deal I was going to buy it just for “future considerations”.

not to ruin the thread or anything, but I thought that 3.8l superchargers were the M90 unit:shrug:

^^^Answer, 3800 Series I had M62’s and M90’s. They ran the M62 in the begining (93 I think) for the GM cars. I think when they realized that they got a jump in power from going to the M90, they kept with that idea. :wink:
People have tried the MP112 on the GP with mixed results some got good gains some got nill. Big factor is mods.

Do any of the Cobalt guys run (or have they considered) runing a M90/MP90? Just curious…I KNOW a turbo would be alot better mod though.

its not mine… a friend of mine got it was going to use it on his car but bought a re-built one instead of using this used one… the bearing is a little shot would need ot be repalced. it has 70,000 miles on it so… also my ranger was red and had a huge black hood scoop on the front and a super annoying exaust… its gone now… but i still have scoop

it just comes with the supercharger by the way

[quote=“JayS,post:3,topic:24917"”]

How’s it run? Any leaks? What comes with it?

[/quote]

dont know he never used it decided to use a re-built one instead of a totally used one

GM used the Gen 2 M62 from 91-93 on the bonneville, park ave ultra and then the Gen3 M62 in 94-95 adding the Olds LSS, ninety-eight and riviera to the list of cars with the motor. In 96- present they used the M90.

As for this being a deal, I just picked up a complete 94 SC motor for $250 with 68k. I’d give you $50 if it needs a bearing at most. Got pictures?