FS/IC: New Parts Contact In Japan :)

Hey guys what’s up.

Let me first start off by saying this is NOT a commercial post! That being said, my friend does have “vendor status” with the distributors in Japan in order to be able to buy parts at a wholesale rate that he can then sell to people at a much cheaper price then actual stores. Further, NO actual items or parts are up for sale as all orders are from private buyers (such as yourselves) so there is nothing specific up for sale here.

For a long while I’ve been talking with him in Japan and he’s finally ready to start ordering/shipping parts here to Canada. I have personally ordered quite a few parts through him for my Skyline and have had NO PROBLEMS what so ever. He will be able to deal with Yahoo Auctions where we all know there’s a TON of super parts both new and used. As well he has lots of connections to mostly ALL the top JDM companies. Below is a breakdown of exactly what his service fees are as well as the shipping methods with prices.

Yahoo Auctions Brokerage:

$65 - regular items (blow off valves, intakes, intercoolers, interior parts etc)
$95 - large parts (suspension, seats etc)
$50 - wheels (each wheel)

These fees include the following services:

• bidding on the item up to your maximum desired bid
  • post-auction communication with the seller
  • arrangement of payment and shipping schedules with the seller
  • payment on your behalf
  • bank transfer fees
  • inter-Japan shipping fees
  • receiving the item
  • repacking for international shipping
  • drop off at the shipping depot

This is an all-inclusive fee, you will not be charged for anything else except international shipping.

So the final payment would look like this:
Auction final bid + brokerage fee + International shipping = Total
Example: Say you found a set of coilovers you wanted and your budget was $1000.00. You know the fee will $95.00 and shipping (via EMS) will be $300.00, so the MAX price you can afford for the coilovers will actually be $605.00.

Up Garage Brokerage:

$55 - regular items (blow off valves, intakes, intercoolers, interior parts etc)
$85 - large & heavy items (suspension, seats etc)
$50 - wheels (each wheel)

These fees include the following services:

• purchase of the from Up Garage
  • post-purchase communication with Up Garage
  • arrangement of payment and shipping schedules
  • payment on your behalf
  • inter-Japan shipping fees
  • receiving the item
  • repacking for international shipping
  • drop off at the shipping depot

This is an all-inclusive fee, you will not be charged for anything else except international shipping.

So the final payment would look like this:
Up Garage Price + brokerage fee + International shipping = Total

All Other Sales From JDM Companies:

With this you let me know the item you want from a particular company and the price that you receive will be your FINAL price including item cost and shipping. Remember that there really is no room, price wise, to get it cheaper. So have a good idea of what the cost of the item is before requesting an exact quote!

Tuning Part Makers:

Tomei, HKS, Trust/GReddy, Nismo, Tein, Cusco, Apexi, 5Zigen, RSR Tanabe, Buddy Club, Fujitsubo, Blitz, Kakimoto, Sard, GAB, Ohlins, Section, Endless, Project Mu, Kaaz, ORC, Toda, Spoon, Mugen, Samco, PIAA, Bellof, NGK, Splitfire, Nology, Volk, Defi, Omori, HKS Kansai and Impul.

Tuning Shops (Original Parts)

Top Secret, ATTKD (Autech Tsukuba), Border Racing, Autoselect, Bee R Racing and Garage Defend.

Shipping Methods and Prices:

There are 4 International shipping methods:

Surface (4-8 weeks)
SAL Air (7-10 days)
EMS (5 business days)
UPS (3 business days)

Sample shipping quotes:

Boost Controller (based on 2kg)
Surface (4-8 weeks): $23
SAL Air (7-10 days): $38
EMS (5 business days): $40
UPS (3 business days): $80

Blow Off Valve (based on 2.5kg)
Surface (4-8 weeks): $29
SAL Air (7-10 days): $50
EMS (5 business days): $47
UPS (3 business days): $95

Coilovers (based on 25kg)
Surface (4-8 weeks): $120
SAL Air (7-10 days): $230
EMS (5 business days): $300
UPS (3 business days): $500

Wheels - based on 22 kg total weight of two 18" wheels packed in one box, for a set of 4 rims double the shipping price.
Surface (4-8 weeks): $110
SAL Air (7-10 days): $210
EMS (5 business days): $280
UPS (3 business days): $424

Payment Methods:

The preferred method of payment is through online banking using Interac Email Money Transfer (EMT) as there are no extra fees involved, Paypal is also accepted. However if you use a credit card via Paypal or just your Paypal account in general, you MUST add 3.29% to your final total to ensure the right amount of money is paid for your item(s). If you are the winner of an auction payment is to be received NO LATER then 3 days after we contact you stating you are in fact the winner. I will contact the buyer via PM or email to give the addresses for which payment can be sent.

Warranties/Exchanges/Refunds:

Unlike a store we can’t offer any warranties on items bought (used) through Yahoo Auctions or by some other method, such as we managed to find what you were looking for at a shop. As such there is NO exchange or refund however; nothing will be bought that appears damaged or abused. We’ll strive to ONLY buy top quality items from high rated sellers with at least a 90% or higher feedback rating through Yahoo and from well respected parts stores in Japan.

With items bought brand new through one of the companies listed above, what ever warranty is offered is what you will have. It is up to YOU though to go through the company for any manufactures defects and so on. We’ll assist you if it’s needed but will NOT do all of what is involved by ourselves.

With shipping we will provide standard INSURANCE and a TRACKING NUMBER. If your item(s) do not arrive, gets lost or damaged, YOU will be covered! We will take care of going through the postal company for the insurance money.

Well I know this was a big post and PLEASE read over everything carefully so you understand it all. Also know your budget ahead of time, BEFORE requesting a quote or wanting bidding done on Yahoo Auctions. We can give you a rough idea what we think (based on other similar auctions) what the final price will be but can’t guarantee it won’t go higher or lower. If you decide you would like to bid on your behalf we will NOT bid higher then your set maximum. I ask that you not waste my friend’s time with this and to expect top quality products to be cheap.

SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY!!!

Thats about it so let me know here or by PM if there’s anything you are interested in. Thanks everyone and take care.

Bruce 8)

While this sounds like a decent service, how is this NOT a commercial post? The guy is clearly operating this as a business.

Read the classifieds forum rules here:
http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10961

This post violates quite a few of them, namely do not post items you
yourself do not own.

He is not posting items for sale, that’s the whole point. It’s a service to our members to choose to use or not. They will not be flooding the forums with commercial posts, whcih was the reason for the vendor forums.

This sounds like a great idea considering the absolute steals you can find on Yahoo auctions. I have a few questions that I’m sure everyone would like answered.

How is JDM-P (or you Bruce) connected to the process? Are you guys the middle man between us (the buyer) and whomever is conducting the deals in Japan? Or are we dealing directly with your friend overseas to iron out the transacton?

Are we (the buyer) able to get additional information about the items other than what’s described on Yahoo auctions? Even with google language translation tools I know first hand that understanding whats being sold on Yahoo is often cryptic at best. That said, how much first hand communication would we have with the seller.

Do the items purchased from Japan ship to JDM-P or are they sent directly to our door? If they are direct to us (the buyer) are there any work-arounds for customs and brokerages? I ask this because I’m sure many of us (myself included) have been burned by duty fees on large items from Japan.

Aside from that your fees do sound very reasonable! If this gets up off the ground this could be an amazing resource.

Hey man how are you.

Ok,

1. This has nothing to do with JDMP, it’s a completely seperate thing. I’m only aiding with this as I’ve been on SON longer, most of you guys know me and I can communicate with either the buyer or my buddy easily.

2. Yes I can get you more information on the auctions, which only makes sence as you want all the information you can have before making a decision. As for direct communication, I can find out but remember there’s a 13hr difference time wise between us and Japan.

3. Items are shipped DIRECTLY to you! As for brokerage and customs it will be judged on an order by order basis. I’ll get more clerification on that though and let you all know.

Well I hope this clears things up and please feel free to post up any more comments or concerns and I’ll do my best to address them. :smiley: