Yahoo auctions Japan

Has anyone ever bought anything off of here? i mean the prices on stuff is CHEAP. but i bet shipping might be a bitch but thats why im wonding about everyone elses experiences.

thanks

Drew

i believe most people won’t even shit out of japan. alot of the guys get people that they know over there to do it for them. bit shipping on the bigger stuff kills you. I bought a trust manifold and paid $650 for it by the time it got here and than found out it wouldn’t work iwth the lhd. than sold it to rob for $350 with a free external wastegate…but the point of the story, shipping is expensive to get stuff over here if its heavy.

Sometimes its great for finding hard to get parts. But shipping will really kill you. For express airmail 4-5 days, I paid 135 bucks on a climate control + interior harness weighed in at like 13KG. Its friggin stupid. But the thing only cost like 30 bucks! Talk to Adam at Feast Auto Export. You can transfer money into his business account at Royal Bank via debit card! Great honest guy and shipping around stuff in Japan is very cheap.

Do you have any contact infor for Feast auto??

sure the parts look cheap but when the auction ends the price adds up, and most of the stuff is used! theres lots of way chepaer stuff over there but dont be fooled, bying used parts just causes problems!

Exactly. what Rob said. I buy lots of cheap perts from there but lots of the parts that you guys think is cheap like Z32 MAFs are damn expinsive and can be found in canada just as easy for the same price and that goes with many many parts. If you watch the bid till the end you can see it jump hundreds in the last 5 mins

I personally think Yahoo is a great place to buy new or used aftermarket items for many reasons. For example, 95% of the sellers give an instant breakdown on shipping, thus you know what its gonna cost to your location in Japan. At the same time, the sellers are upfront with possible problems if any. This may be a tuff call for some, but with any auction, this is what seperates the serious buyers from the weak hearted ones.

The one thing I dont like about Yahoo auctions is that they dont use the “ebay paypal method”, thus every payment for bought items must be done as a direct deposit and this takes up more time off of the computer. I really like the ebay system, as there is a sence of security when buying something. And I wish Yahoo Japan would incorporate a similar method.

Thanks guys this really helps

yea most of them don’t ship overseas, you can go through this company rinkya.com but they charge you a service fee. I’ve gotten a couple of things through them

I have boguht alot of stuff from Yahoo just like Allen and it adds up and good deals turn out to be overpriced i nthe last hour or so as it is worse than Ebay in most cases for price jumps and problems sellers …

so only keep it for hard to find parts as most of the the time common parts end up costing alot more $$$ in the end with shipping+brokerage and other things …