FS: My RB powered 240sx

Hey all,

Well, the time has come to sell my 240… don’t really want to but I need a reliable and efficient (read: cheap) car for my new job. I know I’m gonna forget some stuff so I’ll edit this a few times I’m sure.

Here goes!!:

1989 240sx chassis, 300,000 km ish

199(1 or 2?) r32 RB20DET motor/ 5 speed 100,000km aprox

N1 water pump

New timing belt (5000 km ago)

Mobil 1 oil every 5000km

Big ass unknown make FMIC w/ aluminum piping

HKS SSQV BOV (recirculated, runs/idles perfect)

2.5" exhaust into dual outlet muffler

OBX Short shifter (Nice and tight… my favorite shifter ever)

VLSD

TEIN SS adjustable coilovers

17x7 front FN01RC’s in bronze 215/40-17 f

17x8 rear FN01RC’s in Bronze 245/40-17 r

Stock wheels (ugly) with Michelin Arctic Alpin winters (too much fun in winter)

300zx front calipers/rotors

300zx master cylinder

300zx master cyl booster

stainless front lines

300zx rear brake calipers and rotors (not installed, need e-brake stuff)

Whiteline swaybars

Whiteline T/c rod bushings

Whiteline subframe bushings (c/w drift bushings, not installed)

Whiteline complete bushing set (not installed)

Trust strut bar

SDS Racetech a/f meter

Momo Corse Wheel

Walboro 255lph fuel pump

Autometer temp and boost guage

Remote start/alarm

Panasonic 5.1 Stereo w/Fusion component front speakers, Rockford rear speakers and some big Kenwood sub… A mish mash of stuff but sounds good to my ears.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/kevie88/Kevins/P1010093.JPG

http://www.members.shaw.ca/kevie88/Kevins/big.jpg

So the car has some rust… the rockers are rusty, and the rear 1/4s have some bubbles coming thru. the chassis is not perfectby any stretch, but this car is damn fast and fun. Super dorifto fun!! :smiley: I’m really gonna miss this one.

$9000OBO. come have a look and make an offer.

Are you in St. Albert? I’m pretty sure I see this car parked by Riverside Honda/Bowling Alley quite a bit. Very sexy car, good luck with the sale.

B-Wurm :smiley:

Thanks man, I work at Riverside Yamaha for the time being (10 more days or so). Got a job as a road rep for a motorcycle accessories supplier, hense the need to sell… I’m not looking forward to driving a gutless wonder everyday haha :E

Sweet car…I think I saw your car at riverside sometime in the summer

Up again, I have the factory service manuals, and I will include a copy of the Nissan Fast System (!!!) so you can look up parts for the RB!

fast is already available online:
http://www.jdmlife.com/public/

Cool!

new windshield, no chips and a new o2 sensor!! :lol:

just wondering if it is still for sale and if you would be considering a trade on a modified 95 talon tsi
Also just wondering how bad the rust is, is the rust on the rockers and 1/4s patchable, or will they have to be replaced, and what do you mean that the chassis isnt perfect, just rust, or is there other damage, if its just rust how bad is it

thanks

okay here goes:

Yep
No
rockers should be patchable but really, if you can find a cheap blown-motor car to swap everything over that would be a lot cheaper and easier. Come have a look if you want the car and I’ll show you everything.

-Kev

Up again… I have this at $7500 for the rest of the winter. There’s way more than $7500 in parts on this car. :vom:

whats the horse power rating for this car??? might help sale

I never dyno’d it, but prolly around the 210-220 mark at the wheels I’d imagine.

Just for reference, before I had finished my exhaust system on my RB20DET, it ran fine but only dyno’ed at 145whp. Like yours, it had the stock cat, stock exhaust but I had a 3" down pipe. Took out the cat, put on 3" exhaust, and a manual boost controller, 220whp. Just for a heads up. Bump for another RB20DET, but mines better :E

I don’t have a cat or stock exhaust… where did you get that idea? It has a 2.5" downpipe/full exhaust into straight thru muffler. I do have a manual boost controller I’m including in the sale.

Thanks, I think! :stuck_out_tongue:

is this still for sale?? willing to work with the price? i have a friend that is looking for a 240 and this is nice…

Yes I am flexible on price to a point. I have this advertised on other sites for $7500 winter price. I really have no need to go any lower, I could part it out and make this much on parts alone, I’d just rather save myself the hassle. Come have a look!

where are you located… could u bring it by my shop if u are in edmonton…