FS: NVidia GeForce 8800Ultra

So as many of you know, I recently upgraded my video card. I am selling my older GeForce 8800 card.

The card is currently in MSI’s hands getting repaired (see blow). You will get a working/fixed card. I will put it in my system and test it for you before I give it to you.

When the card was working, I could play games like Crysis and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare at MAX settings with NO ISSUES. This card, even after being two years old, is VERY capable of running the current games that are out. I upgraded to a GeForce GTX 285.

Price: I want $120 for it. If you don’t like my price, make an offer. No I do not want $10 and a pack of gum.

Product Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127288

Here are the specs:

Card itself (black card):

http://www.ilyakol.com/Other/Other/VideoCardCompare.JPG

http://www.ilyakol.com/Other/Other/VideoCardCompare2.JPG

Support Ticket from MSI:

End User 10/12/2009

Here’s the deal: I just had this card RMA’ed for pixelating issues/artifacting as well as freezing. I got the card back a couple of days ago and finally had the chance to try it. While it is not artifacting anymore, the card is still freezing while playing games. I want this fixed. And this time, I am NOT paying shipping to get the card to you guys as you should have fixed it the first time around. This is starting to become a headache. I tried my friends BFG GeForce GTX 285 and it works flawlessly on my computer using the same driver/hardware. The issue is your card, and your card only. Please send me a pre-paid shipping label so I can ship this card back to you and you can either fix it or replace it. Thank you. Ilya

MSI Tech. 10/12/2009

Dear Customer, According to the previous RMA number the card was replaced but if you are continuing to have an issue and have tested another card in the system and is fine. We will release a 2nd RMA number with an e-call tag so we can take a look at it please check your e-mail address you provided for the new number and later this afternnon for an e-mail from UPS where you can print out a pre-paid shipping label. Thank you.

Dude… I’m really not trying to be a prick

but that card is barly worth 50 bucks

You can get a new 200 series GTX card for around the same price that will outperform it, the 8800 is what 3-4 years old since it was released… Vid cards do not hold any value man

i sold my 9800GX2 for 100 bucks flat, that was in june i think… for 120 u can get a new card on newegg with 2.5x the power

They (buyer) are getting a new/fresh card (per MSI’s reply). Also, this card is as good as MANY of the lower end $100-$150 cards on the market these days.

Look at the specs. This card is 2 years old, but it’s clock speeds, etc. are up there with current/modern cards coming out that are in this price range. Hell, they might even be faster than some of those.

Also, I’m open to offers. But no way on EARTH I’m selling this for $50.

its not faster than a 9800gtx and thats cheaper,and about twice as fast and new

clock speeds arent everything, if they were then my P4 extreme @ 4ghz is whoppin my core 2 extreme @ 3ghz’s ass !!!

exactly

Today’s chipsets are much better than ones that came out 4 years ago. Yes, you might have bought the card 2 years ago, but it came out 4 years ago. I know because I bought one 4 years ago.

Ilya your a smart guy, I think your pretty cool but sometimes your so stubborn. :lol Video cards do not hold value, and as singh said clock speeds don’t mean jack diddly. Some cards have lower clock speeds but are faster.

For almost the same price that your selling your card for someone can find a lower end 200 series card thats better than the 8800.

Go look on ebay, other than the occasional person trying to get almost 200 bucks for an 8800 most of them are acctualy selling for ~50 bucks…

new or not that card holds no value… Use it as a paperweight, chances are you will not sell it for more than 50 bucks.

In as little as 6 months cards drop in price by about 50%… Because their changing every few months now with the new tech advances… Why do you think I suggested you wait to get a new card as DX11 cards are comming out in about a month or so… When that happens your brand new 285 will be worth half of what you paid for it because no one wants it anymore, in a years time itll be worth about 100 bucks…

I throw most of my pc parts away, or shoot them with the AK… just lettin u guys know

its WAY FUNNER and more worth shooting your old pc parts, than looking stupid selling them, because we all they are not worth anything

i stupidly tried to sell some of my stuff for under 50 bucks i think a while ago, then i decided to go shoot it, because it was funner and its not worth jack even tho i boght it new 6 months before that…

Over 6 months old… dont sell it

Agree to disagree. I’m open to offers. I’m sure as hell not throwing it away, shooting it or selling it for $50 though. This card STILL runs every game out there without much issue, if any. Maybe it’s just me, but I value things differently. Oh well. Relax. You don’t want it, don’t buy it. I’ve actually had a couple of guys on NYCMaximas (also computer guys) say that my starting price is reasonable. To each his own.

Have a good day.

Hey when ever you decide to sell some parts, let me know. Seriously.

Will you take $500 shipped?

http://shift518.gom-host.com/image.php?u=436&dateline=1252825840&type=profile

Dude again, doesnt matter if it will still run any game… the card is outdated and what some of your boys on the maxima forum says doesnt matter

Look at a 200 series for the price your asking… they will outperform the 8800…

I dunno man, your extremely stubborn when it comes to your own tech shit… thats great, but the fact that its going to be new from MSI and that it was uber dollars when it was new doesnt mean that it still holds a value

The card is junk compared to todays vid cards in that price range…

I sound like a completely dick but dude, hoenstly i just dont understand how you think that card is worth over 50 bucks, especialy being a tech guy yourself you should have an understanding about how fast the technology changes and becomes obsoloete and virtually worthless…

Core 2 Extremems are loosing their value rapidly now with the 1156 series processors…

The Core I5 can easily outperform a core 2 extreme with a little tweaking now and it costs <$200

Its just how it works… theres no such thing as regainsing any sort of money when it comes to selling your old PC shit

It’s great you value things differently, but this is just one of those things where there are no “different” values… Unless its some gold plated uber rare limited edition bla bla bla it doesnt have value…

:rofl value things differently, if any “computer guy” (self proclaimed retards IMO) think it was a fair starting price, they either live ina 3rd world country and cant get new pc parts, or they are wanna be nerds

and who the fuck would wanna be a nerd?

Like india… Advertising bad ass P4 processesors :rofl

oh yah !! ahaha

“NEW PENTIUM 4”

i was like wow… seriously?

umm

Ownes learn to read…

His card was dead…

And ownes crysis doesnt run like a dream on your computer jackass… it still has little hiccups here and there

ahahahaha + 1

New development:

Just got a call from MSI regarding my GeForce 8800 Ultra card that they have.

Henry, the guy I’m dealing with, said he’d replace the card for a second time to try and fix my issue. I said that’s fine. This was last thursday.

Today he calls and tells me, “Hey, listen. We don’t have anymore 8800’s to replace yours with. So, if you’re willing, we’ll gladly send you a GTX260 (which is a slight upgrade) instead.”

What did I say, “Absolutely fine with me.”

I let him know I appreciate the fact that he’s trying to take care of me as a customer and providing exception service. I know I like to hear it when my customers praise me, it makes me work better and feel better.

I don’t care what some of you techies (Shady, etc.) say about BFG/EVGA being the best when it comes to video cards, but MSI just proved themselves to me. I will also consider their products now.

I’m getting a BRAND NEW GTX260 with full warranty from MSI in exchange for my TWO YEAR OLD GeForce 8800. I made out like a bandit.

I am returning my GTX285 and keeping my GTX260 for the time being. I’m going to wait until the DX11 cards come out and then sell the GTX260 for a VERY fair price.

My day just got a lot better.