FS: Saddam's Boat

:jawdrop:

According to an account in the French daily Le Figaro, corroborated by Amir-Aslani, the Ocean Breeze, made for a 35-member crew, has about 10 rooms, several salons with large-screen TVs, pools, saunas, gold plumbing fixtures, a prayer room and a portable helicopter pad.

Less glamorous but more telling of Saddam's real-world concerns are the bulletproof windows, a missile-launching system — disarmed — and a secret passage leading to a mini-submarine for escape if the vessel comes under attack.

Saddam actually had a larger yacht than the one in Nice, the Al-Mansur, named after the caliph who founded Baghdad. But it was bombed into a floating scrap heap by U.S. warplanes in 2003, the year Saddam’s regime was toppled.

But if the reported price of $35 million is accurate, it could be a bargain. Building the vessel today from scratch could cost upward of $150 million.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330848,00.html

bill gates yacht would shit all over this one

no missles no care

at first i didnt think it looked that impressive till i noticed the TINY guy in the black on the dock… holy shit!

I’d like to go explore that yacht… boats are fun, expensive, and high maintenance, but when its not your money or responsibility, i see no harm in enjoying it…

:tup: if they have more pics other than the link, post em up