FS - Selling JDM 300ZX (GCZ32) ...in Edmonton for $13,900

*** Latest update Feb. 16th and the car is ready to be shown in Edmonton… finally!!

** Too see pictures of the car go to the Calgary Z Club website see below:
www.calgaryzclub.ca/ClAdsCar.html

I’m selling my GCZ32 even before I get to enjoy it and drive it!

Here are the basic spec’s on the JDM GCZ32:
1989 (90+ body style) Nissan Fairlady 300ZX
3.0 Litre Twin-Turbo
67,900 original km’s
2+2 Coupe
Color Silver
Automatic
Targa Top
All power options
Grey Leather interior
Factory stock - comes with original alloys
A/C, Cruise Control and Power driver’s seat
Also comes with stock AM/FM Cassette player

The car is in Great running and looking condition!

Let me know if you are interested and I can send you more info.

I am now asking $13,900 for the Z.

See below for the detailed work performed to the car:
Timing Belt/water pump/tensioner/pulleys
Battery - replaces tiny Japanese one
Fluids changed - oil/coolant/trans
Assessory belts (three in total)
Tie road bushings at rear
Transmission pan gasket
Strut Rods - both fronts
Fuel system cleaning
Cam seals
All rotors
… and other small misc. items

The car just needs new tires…

All this work cost me over $2,600 and I have absorbed half of this work and have added the balance to the price of the car, now at $13,900

The car is ready for summer, if you are interested please give me a shout at 415-0687 between 9 and 5pm or PM me back.

Regards,

Dave

Hi there, I am very interested in your Z32, just wanted to know what company you imported with, and it would be great if you could send me the pics of the car. Let me know, I am very serious about buying. Thanks,

Samaroo

Dumb question… what’s a “GC” Z32?

Gold Class?
Ground Control?
George Clooney?

I’ll break it down for you…the Z32 as you know refers to the second generation of the 300zx, the C refers to a Twin Turbo model, and the G refers to 2+2.

Samaroo,

Thanks for the model explanation. From what I understand, in Japan and other parts of the world, Nissan sold the TT in the 2+2 configuration.

This is someting I always wanted to have actual room to carry a couple of people even for a short period or better yet to haul more stuff in the Z when touring! That is also why I picked the auto, as it would be a lot easier to have my girlfriend drive it as well when going on long trips.

Sad to say all these plans are now on hold due to the new house!

Regards,

Dave

Thanks for “breaking it down for me”. :roll:

What I find bizarre is you guys have pulled codes from two different sources. The ‘G’ means 2+2 in Nissan’s internal model designation. In that same nomenclature system, a TT is indicated by an ‘S’, not a C.

TT is represented by a ‘C’ in the VIN#, not the model designation. Also in the VIN# the 2+2 vs. 2+0 distinction is indicated by a ‘4’ or ‘6’, not a G.

So you see, putting a G together with a C makes no sense really.

The point I was making in my original post was why the heck are you guys quoting these obscure codes anyway? Nobody refers to 2+2 TT as a “GC”, at least not in any of the Z circles I frequent.

I beleive that this is the chassis code designation used by the Japanese car makers and also used by the brokers and auctions. As they always refer to the TT 2+2 as the GCZ32 and also use the same coding when referring to the various other combinations of the Z.

Also another strange thing is that JDM vehicles do not VIN numbers as they only have serial numbers. Only the exported versions have these, so this could be some of the reasons for the confusion.

Regards,

Dave

This is also what I was basing my statement on…

I see… guess that explains it.
As I mentioned, Nissan’s internal “model variation” indicates a 2+2 with ‘G’, or a ‘blank’ for 2 seater. This is a prefix that comes before “Z32”. And ‘S’ indicates a Twin Turbo, or a ‘blank’ for non-turbo, which is a suffix that comes after “Z32”.
In the vin#, the 4th digit is for engine type either an ‘R’ for VG30DE or ‘C’ for VG30DETT. The 7th digit in the vin is ‘4’ for 2 seater, or ‘6’ for 2+2. But if you guys were only referring to imported JDM cars, then I guess that explains the confusion if the same system doesn’t apply.

Anyway, my original point was that “GC” is not a common way to refer to a Z32. If you’re trying to sell a car, which I think was the original intent of this thread, then you should try to keep things clear. We do live in north america, and imported JDM Z32s are not yet the norm in this country. :wink: Not everyone here buys used imported RHD cars from these auction sites, etc.

Inzane,

Thanks for the advice, as you said the car is has a narrow focus of potential buyers and I was aiming for that specific audience with the “GCZ32” code.

If more people are confused on this coding I’ll change the FS title to reflect that the car is a JDM.

Regards,

Dave

Just wanted to let everyone know that the 300ZX is now in Vancouver (Dec. 17, 2004).

The car should take a week or so to clear customs as we are awaiting for the de-registration papers to arrive from Japan.

The car will then take another week or so to coordinate rail shipment to Edmonton.

Hopefully everything proceedes without delays and the car arrives in Edmonton by months end.

Have a Merry Christmas!!

Regards,

Dave

• Latest Update (Jan. 13, 2005) - The car is still in Vancouver awaiting Customs release, guess there is a backlog in veicle inspections?!*

Dave

Hello,

To All of you expressing interest in the car and wanting to see pictures, please see below:
** Too see pictures of the car go to the Calgary Z Club website - www.calgaryzclub.ca/ClAdsCar.html **

Thanks,

Dave

FYI,

*** Latest update (Jan. 18th), car was released from Vancouver on Jan. 11, 2005 ***

Regards,

Dave

Hi All,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Z car is in Edmonton and is getting some precautionary maintenace and updates performed to it:
Timing Belt/water pump/tensioner/pulleys
Battery - replaces tiny Japanese one
Fluids change - oil/coolant/trans
Assessory belts (three in total)
Transmission pan gasket
Tie road bushing at rear
Strut Rods both fronts
Cam seals
All rotors
… and other small misc. items

The car just needs new tires…

All this work cost me over $2,500 and I have absorbed half of this work and have added the balance to the price of the car, now at $13,900

The car is ready for summer, if you are interested please give me a shout at 415-0687 between 9 and 5pm or PM me back.

Regards,

Dave

You mean t-belt not chain.

Jared,

The JDM Z32 have timing chains and it allows then to get 350bhp out of the engines… hahaha!! Yes you are correct I’m getting the belts, pulleys, tensioner and possibly the water pump done, so its alot of $$$!!

Regards,

Dave

See latest update Feb. 16th on work performed and price change!