Fuel Fittings

Anyone know where i can get some “hard to find” fuel line fittings.

i need coupler fittings. female to female, 14mm x 1.5 threaded both ends. and 16mm x 1.5 threaded both ends.

i’ve checked parts stores, and summit and all, but its hard to find metric fittings, especially this big.

anyone know of any warehouses, or suppliers???

There is an Aeroquip dealer in Greentree, just off 279 near the Radisson hotel. They have great prices and almost everything you’ll need in stock

ask bigblockelcamino jeff

i had a shit load of hard to find shit he was able to send me to places that had everything near moon

tri state hose supply in cory
they have a lot of shit and if they don’t have it they will make it for you

Name, address, phone# please?

Quik

It’s called: R.L Miller Inc
705 Mansfield Ave
Pittsburgh PA 15205

412-722-1600

did you find the fittings you were looking for?

i’m gonna stop at tri-state on my lunch break today.

I’ve dealt with Motion several times before for work, and i’m pretty sure they wont have it, but i’ll check.

summit racing

well, tri-state says, that nobody makes the fitting i need. but they can rig one up using 2 female hose connectors, welded together.

hmmmm.

maybe i’ll just replace the line with a factory style soft hose, with clamped fittings.

Hard to believe…

What are you trying to connect to what?

Specs: Female, Male, -8AN, 3/8 NPT, whatever?

my truck has hard lines running from the fuel rail, back to where the x-case is located. the lines have male 16mm and 14mm fittings on them (look like brake line fittings). my fuel tank had identical hard lines coming out of it, with the same male 16mm and 14mm fittings.

stock the truck had soft rubber lines running between the hard lines. these soft lines had 16mm and 14mm female connectors with clamped (air cond.) style fittings, which clamped them to the soft lines.

the soft lines are pretty much shot. i can order some, but i’d rather go AN.

so i bought AN lines an fittings to run where the soft lines ran. but there is no AN fitting with a 16mm or 14mm female tap. So i have 2 male ends. 16 to 16 (feed) and 14 to 14 (return). and i was looking for a female/female coupler fitting to go in between. but there is no such thing.

what this guy offer to do was, take the old fittings off the soft lines, hack the clamped part of the connector off, and weld 2 female ends into a coupler.

the easiest way out of this is to find some stock soft lines, and just replace them. which is probably what will end up happening, if i cant find another way around it.

the boyfriend might have some laying around the house…I will ask him when I get home.

i have had them weld a lot of fittings for me and have worked flawless. i wouldn’t hesistate to have them weld a fitting for you. lot of times can be made for less than a new fitting.

i just got an email from another SyTy guy, with part #s from Jegs. and it looks like the fittings will work.

it’ll look like this.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e296/balla50/DSCF0935.jpg

the blue fittings are the ones i’m gonna get, the black is what i already have.

i didnt think to check on Jegs.

http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/300/361/361-9894DBH.gif

nice
double check the black hose. it seems more difficult to make it seal. just from experience. so when you fire it up just double check all the fittings.

that picture isnt my truck. but i know what ya mean. I’ll teflon tape all the threads, and check for leaks after startup.

thanks.

do not use tape on AN fittings. it is fine with a pipe NPT thread but not on AN fittings. the biggest problem is the attachment of the hose in the fitting where i have seen leak the most.

i see a couple options…

weld a fitting.

look into german cars. most are 12mm, but seen some benz w/ 14mm.

cut the hard lines on the sending unit, and replace them w/ the -an end nuts. then you can run an straight to the sending unit. those sending unit lines should be able to flare just like regular fuel line.

last option i see is do away w/ the hard line, drill and modify the sending unit and use bulkhead fittings.