fun this summer!

youtube “wego kite tube”

These things were pulled from the market back in 2006 because they’re kinda dangerous and some people got hurt and a few died. I think as long as we go slow and are careful we’ll be ok though, most of the horror stories come from people that were going 40+ mph…

A friend of mine found one of the few remaining in the world on North Carolina craigslist and the thing is shipping out today!

Hopefully my boat will handle it OK!

Most (if not all) injuries resulted in people abusing it by going too fast or using it during windy conditions.

http://www.erikroner.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/kite_tube.jpg

I dont think they are allowed in ny

I’ve heard that but can’t find a place to confirm it, just lots of hearsay, I have been able to confirm some states they are not allowed to be used in.

they completely pulled them from the market in July 2006, but as far as I can tell the use of them has not been outlawed in NY

are supposed to sit on that? FUCK THAT SHIT.

you kinda lay on it.

You can also use it as a normal tube without it flying.

I tried to buy one back around 2006 and they wouldnt ship it to NY

Maybe that was after the ban? who knows. We are buying it used from a private owner.

If we deem it too dangerous it can still be returned for a 650 dollar credit from the manufacturer!

Dude that’s badass!

Ill do it

I couldnt find any used and they were like 450 brand new at least the one I was looking at. Let me know how this thing works cause I still wanna try one

Holy shit that looks like so much fun.

James you gota let me know when you take this out this summer,we gota set somthing up with Brent, Pimpin and Dan all of us and head out, i soo wanna do this

Oh man, I was wondering what those things were called.

I’d love to try that!

fuck that shit.

these things are sic, i 've wanted to try one way before the ban

I will test it for you! :lol

It’s not that they’re banned form NY, they’re just restricted to what bodies of water you can use them on(Just like PWC’s) IIRC sacandaga reservoir is out, but LG you can use them.

Guess it all depends on the mood of the lake patrols :slight_smile:

Looks like serious fun and would want to try it too!